Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: disinfecting used hives  (Read 4591 times)

Offline charlie b

• House Bee
    • You Tube
Re: disinfecting used hives
« Reply #20 on: September 25, 2013, 07:51:22 pm »
I have contacted the Wisconsin State Inspector to inspect my hives twice a year....Once in the fall and then again in the spring to see how there doing going into winter and then again in Spring to see how they wintered...Thanks everyone for your opinions and advice. ..Also, I will have some members of our local bee club inspect some of these hives on the 12th of Oct......I'll let you know what I find out.....I tried posting pictures of a hive and the frame, but being new here on the forum, they won't let me yet....I have to be better known to post pics. I appreciate that about this forum, as they do watch out for you here.

Offline charlie b

• House Bee
    • You Tube
« Reply #21 on: September 25, 2013, 07:59:58 pm »
Thanks everyone for your advice and opinions...I have contacted the Wisconsin State Inspector and will be having my hives inspected twice a year. I asked them to come out and inspect these hives in question and then starting next year, they will come out in the Spring to see how they over wintered and then in the fall to see how their doing going into the Winter....Also will be have our local bee club look at some of them on the 12th of Oct....I'll let you all know what I find out,.....Also, tried uploading pics of the hive and frame, but being a newby here on this forum, they won't post them yet. I have to be better know here....That's good, as it shows me they take care of you all here....
« Last Edit: September 26, 2013, 06:46:20 am by charlie b »

Offline rwlaw

• House Bee
« Reply #22 on: September 26, 2013, 10:03:08 pm »
Good luck, hope you got the real deal!
Can't ever say that bk'n ain't a learning experience!

Offline charlie b

• House Bee
    • You Tube
« Reply #23 on: September 27, 2013, 06:28:40 am »
Thanks rwlaw. I'll let ya know.

Offline bigsting

• House Bee
« Reply #24 on: October 03, 2013, 10:43:01 am »
50 50 bees wax and parr wax and wax dip the lot boxes will last 2times as long if all wood plastic dose not like the temp at that price you can spend some $ making them right I would have 20 instead of 70+ hives but all my s/h gear came from the best retired beek in my town and still buy from him hes my beekeeping suppy store and don't have to drive very far