Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Free Video on Hulu-Living for the Queen  (Read 4086 times)

Offline Apis_M_Rescue

• House Bee
  • Pollinating So Cal
Free Video on Hulu-Living for the Queen
« on: March 23, 2011, 01:49:58 pm »
Just caught some of this 50min movie on Hulu for free:

Living for the Queen

Might have been older show but not sure of release date. In anycase gets up close w/ the bees & hope all can enjoy.

Cheers, David in wetter southern California
Pleasant words are as a honeycomb, sweet to the soul, and health to the bones.  Proverbs 16:24

Offline AllenF

• Galactic Bee
Re: Free Video on Hulu-Living for the Queen
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2011, 09:18:07 pm »
Great close up shots. 

Offline hardwood

• Galactic Bee
  • Alysian Apiaries youtube.com/MrBeedude
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2011, 12:09:16 am »
Awesome photography...thanks!

Scott
"In the first place, we should insist that if the immigrant who comes here in good faith becomes an American and assimilates himself to us, he shall be treated on an exact equality with everyone else, for it is an outrage to discriminate against any such man because of creed, or birthplace, or origin. But this is predicated upon the person's becoming in every facet an American, and nothing but an American...There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag...We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language...And we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people."

Theodore Roosevelt 1907

Offline annette

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2011, 02:36:14 am »
I really enjoyed this video. You can really see up close the working of the hive. Just awesome photography as Scott said.

Thank you so much for sharing this

Annette

Offline Apis_M_Rescue

• House Bee
  • Pollinating So Cal
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2011, 03:50:03 am »
Your welcome all, great to watch while these rains coming down. Just watched all the way through & amazed at the exacting filmography of the drone & queen mating. If anyone finds a video on how they got these shots would be great watching as well. Was hoping they would have some video of the making of the comb & thermographic camera shots of heater bee action but have to wait for nother video to cover those :).

Cheers, David
Pleasant words are as a honeycomb, sweet to the soul, and health to the bones.  Proverbs 16:24

Offline skflyfish

• House Bee
« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2011, 03:53:54 pm »
Man, I love the bee house. I want one.  :-D

Jay
« Last Edit: April 24, 2011, 07:59:58 am by buzzbee »

Offline Apis_M_Rescue

• House Bee
  • Pollinating So Cal
« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2011, 04:49:10 pm »
Hi Annette,
My link works on my end but try Jay's as well.

Thanks Jay for providing as well. I'm watching again tonight as its mezmerizing & yes that bee house is cool. Like the slide in out frames from backside. Is that Turkish or Eastern european configuration?

Offline skflyfish

• House Bee
« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2011, 11:17:17 pm »
Hmmm. I just copied the address to the message, didn't embed it at all and now it is an embedded video. How dey do dat?  :-D

I am not sure where they are at, but I think you are close. I love this website for Eastern European beekeeping. http://www.thehoneygatherers.com/html/photolibrary15.html

Half of my personal genetics are Bohemian, so this really resonates well with me. Maybe this is how I will spend my retirement, migrating with my bees. ;)

Jay

Offline BEES4U

• House Bee
    • E. B. LUCAS APIARIES
« Reply #8 on: April 24, 2011, 12:05:00 am »
Great video!
Informative!
I did observe a Varroa mite on the 2nd worker bee to the right of the queen at 26:42.
It's very noticeable just below the bees left wing and down a small amount.
Regards,
Ernie
bees4u.com
E. B. LUCAS APIARIES
bees4u.com
(Queen Breeder)