Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Facial stings  (Read 7174 times)

Offline Poppi

• House Bee
Re: Facial stings
« Reply #20 on: August 17, 2011, 06:03:51 pm »
Geesh scrapiron...  that's bad guy!!   I broke my number one rule yesterday and didn't put on my veil because I thought..  eh, what the heck!  I'll just check the top box real quick to make sure my queen is laying since I just put that box on a few days ago..  everything was great and just as I went to put the last frame back...  up one came like a bullet from the hive and hit me right above the eye...  now that one hurt for a while...   I did the garlic thing...  and then remembered... dummy, bees don't like garlic..  hehe!!   Oh well...  lesson learned...  but I don't react to the sting nearly like you did...  in fact next day you couldn't tell I had been stung..   must be my resistance from handling venomous snakes and 7 bites.. only two of which were bad...  love my girls though...  I know she didn't mean it...  LOL!!

Offline G3farms

• Super Bee
« Reply #21 on: August 17, 2011, 10:19:50 pm »
Wow, all that from just one sting!!

I did a cut out the other day and took three to the left eye, one above the eyebrow, one below the eye and one to the side of the eye and did not swell shut.
those hot bees will have you steppin and a fetchin like your heads on fire and your keister is a catchin!!!

Bees will be bees and do as they please!

Offline stella

• House Bee
« Reply #22 on: August 17, 2011, 11:22:53 pm »
Put a penny on the sting for a while. Something about the copper. I havent tried it but it sure would be easy enough to try.

Orb youb couwb jusb waid ib oub.  (sorry, couldnt resist... he he he)
“The hum of bees is the voice of the garden.” — Elizabeth Lawrence

Offline njoylife10

• House Bee
« Reply #23 on: August 18, 2011, 03:38:01 pm »
The kids have all used a penny taped to it.  They all seem to think it really works.  Very little swelling and only a little itching.

njoylife10

Offline scrapiron

• New Bee
« Reply #24 on: August 18, 2011, 05:49:35 pm »
HaHa Yea, that is just 1 sting. I guess I am mildly allergic or something. I tried several times to scrape the stinger out with no luck. Finally had to get the wife to pull it out.
OK antaro, Im callin you out... Lets see that pic!
Matt

Offline antaro

• House Bee
« Reply #25 on: August 19, 2011, 01:59:40 am »
Ha!
You definitely have me beat, but let me see if I can track down a picture.