Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: GREAT MOVIE - Monsters (2010)  (Read 4209 times)

Offline beemaster

• Site Founder
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Bee
  • It is my pleasure to bring the forums to you.
    • http://www.beemaster.com
GREAT MOVIE - Monsters (2010)
« on: February 02, 2011, 12:59:52 pm »
UNLESS I'm BLIND - I forgot to included the title to the following movie: it is called MONSTERS. Here a few months later, I ran across it again and still enjoy it, on several levels. We are living in a world where these creatures exist and we deal with them as best we can, poorer countries don't do as well against them. We see things in this movie, GREED, over-coming fear and many emotions - but we get to see something beautiful too - for hat you meed to watch it.

I got to say, this movie is one of the most interesting creature films I have seen in decades - it is romantic, cinematic, mystifying, written and performed well - t had it all. I rarely give out the BEEMASTER FILM OF APPROVAL STAMP, but this film wins it in the creature horror genre.

Check out the trailer

http://www.moviefone.com/movie/monsters/10033758/video/monsters-trailer-no-1/593348388001

I haven't enjoyed a big monster flick in so long, this one throws you into a world where most of Central America is infested by several species of very huge creatures, from something as big as a bus, to giant creatures 900 feet tall, really done beautiful and it wont disappoint. I enjoyed to that it kept the story at 137 minutes, that is just enough time to tell a story of this quality. There is a slow part, but they use it well to develop characters and I believe every character in this film.

On DVD now or an Internet near you  :roll:
« Last Edit: October 28, 2011, 09:12:47 am by beemaster »
NJBeemaster my YOUTUBE Video Collection

Please enjoy the forum, and if it has helped you in any way, we hope that a small donation can be made to support our FULLY member supported forum. You will never see advertisements here, and that is because of the generous members who have made our forum possible. We are in our second decade as a beekeeping forum and all thanks to member support. At the top right of every page is a donations link. Please help if you can.

Offline AllenF

• Galactic Bee
Re: GREAT MOVIE - Monsters (2010)
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2011, 02:22:13 pm »
Looks good.   I already have in the queue at netflix.  Maybe in a week or so it will come.   Looks a lot like District 9 which I liked a lot.   

Offline beemaster

• Site Founder
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Bee
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2011, 03:05:11 pm »
Yeah, District 9 was a fine movie, it really had an awesome plot, but incredible CGI work to make it totally believable - without a doubt STILL the best animation of creatures goes to District 9.

This "Monsters" movie is a love story mostly, real triumph when you are in way over your head. Characters get to To witness something beautiful - this film has it all. Let me know when you get to see it.

Please enjoy the forum, and if it has helped you in any way, we hope that a small donation can be made to support our FULLY member supported forum. You will never see advertisements here, and that is because of the generous members who have made our forum possible. We are in our second decade as a beekeeping forum and all thanks to member support. At the top right of every page is a donations link. Please help if you can.

Offline AllenF

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2011, 03:32:33 pm »
Yes, a love story, with a almost Blair Witch effect.  Not very scary.  My 4 year old fell asleep during it when I watched it second time to discover what I missed the first time.  Wife still won't watch it.   Sounds to scary for her.  She is so lame.  The movie is nothing like District 9.  Nothing.  But when you read what the movie is about, you would think there would be more action to it.  (I did watch Resident Evil: Afterlife right before it.)   Good movie though.

A very different movie.   And even with a 300 foot tall wall along the border with Mexico, the US government still could not contain the aliens.   :-D 

I am watching The American next.   

Offline beemaster

• Site Founder
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Bee
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2011, 04:54:03 pm »
The American was pretty good I thought, and another kind of love story too. It sure wasn't anything like District 9, it was relatively slow, which works in some movies, it adds to the more memorable parts. The better of the Blair Witch type movies is called Quarantine with Jennifer Carpenter (from Dexter) you follow a TV news reporter and a cameraman who are doing a story on a local fire company who goes to an apartment building to handle a 911 call - gets interesting quickly.

I watched Hatchet and Hatchet 2 - interestingly, the second part takes off at the end of the first movie when the remaining survivor of a swamp killer goes back the very next day with a large group of people to seek revenge and kill the creature.

None of the films of such genre match Pumpkinhead with Lance Hendrickson  (of Millenium - a cool TV series years ago on fox) Pumpkinhead  tells the story of a man seeking revenge for the death of his son, using an old witch to conjure the creature Pumpkinhead. The witch is STILL the best I have ever seen in any movie.