Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: POSSIBLE SCAM ON BEEKEEPERS  (Read 7356 times)

Offline Michael Bush

• Universal Bee
    • bushfarms.com
Re: POSSIBLE SCAM ON BEEKEEPERS
« Reply #20 on: February 14, 2008, 10:22:37 am »
What I can't figure out is why all these con artists are not being put in prison instead of just continuing their fraud.  I'm still getting some of the same fraud scams I was getting eight years or so ago, so they obviously are still in business.
My website:  bushfarms.com/bees.htm en espanol: bushfarms.com/es_bees.htm  auf deutsche: bushfarms.com/de_bees.htm  em portugues:  bushfarms.com/pt_bees.htm
My book:  ThePracticalBeekeeper.com
-------------------
"Everything works if you let it."--James "Big Boy" Medlin

Offline reinbeau

• Super Bee
« Reply #21 on: February 14, 2008, 10:42:20 am »
What I can't figure out is why all these con artists are not being put in prison instead of just continuing their fraud.  I'm still getting some of the same fraud scams I was getting eight years or so ago, so they obviously are still in business.

Many of them aren't here in the US, so they're not so easy to catch.  Plus they keep using the same schemes over and over because unfortunately there's still some poor sucker out there who will fall for it.  Doesn't cost them a cent to send the e-mails, anything in return is money in their pockets.

Offline KONASDAD

• Super Bee
« Reply #22 on: February 14, 2008, 10:48:42 am »

Ditto Reinbeu- about 85% originate in Nigeria, many others from Antigua. Caution is always needed. Cash and pickup only. No exchange of info.
"The more complex the Mind, the Greater the need for the simplicity of Play".

Offline BMAC

• Field Bee
    • http://WWW.OLEMCDONALD.COM
« Reply #23 on: February 14, 2008, 11:43:41 am »

Ditto Reinbeu- about 85% originate in Nigeria, many others from Antigua. Caution is always needed. Cash and pickup only. No exchange of info.

Also some of the scammers are bouncing their emails accross multiple servers with the intent of losing the orginal server info they are being sent from.  Nigeria I believe is the main culprit.
God Bless all the troops
Semper Fi Marines!

Offline Bennettoid

• House Bee
« Reply #24 on: February 14, 2008, 12:10:27 pm »
I saw an article recently about a village in Romania that is now a boom town, new homes and businesses going up like crazy, and they have almost 100 percent unemployment. People that were living in shacks 3 years ago now have gated estates and new German and Italian cars. Apparently these scams work.

Offline the kid

• House Bee
« Reply #25 on: February 14, 2008, 10:40:45 pm »
any time I buy anything other then in person ,  I use my credet card ,, but I go on line and get a one time use number ... most card co. have them so make use of the defence the card gives you .. 
the kid

Offline bassman1977

• "King Bee"
  • Super Bee
« Reply #26 on: February 15, 2008, 01:50:39 pm »
Also some of the scammers are bouncing their emails accross multiple servers with the intent of losing the orginal server info they are being sent from.  Nigeria I believe is the main culprit.

Yes that is correct.  I had someone try to pull that on me.  I actually hacked into the mailbox and found that he was doing this to about 200 other people.  I printed out every single email he had (thousands of pages) and turned them over to the FBI.  The couldn't do anything because they were overseas.  I was able to trace the IP address that the emails were going out from.  Nigeria was the location.  I sent emails to every single person in the account and let them know there was a fraud attempt on them and to not correspond to  with that account (some wrote back with a thanks for the warning).  A couple of weeks after I got into that account (I also changed the password to it) I got an email from the same guy, with a new address, trying to pull the same scam.  The funny part about that is I had emailed him prior to this and told him I knew what he was doing.  He still tried to scam me **Shakes head**.  Now the part that I didn't understand was the FBI said they couldn't do anything because it was offshore, but the scammer was having the victims Western Union the money to some place in California.  I would think that this would allow the case to be investigated.  Apparently not.
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(''')_(''')

Offline Bennettoid

• House Bee
« Reply #27 on: February 15, 2008, 04:08:27 pm »