Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Image Shack  (Read 6100 times)

Offline Shawn

• Queen Bee
Image Shack
« on: September 24, 2008, 07:10:59 pm »
Robo, I was putting some pictures in the gardening area using image shack and noticed every other thubnial had an etra link added to it from Image Shack. I was wondering what it was, and if that what the scare was on "what a surprise" in the photo area. I did not click on them before added the pictures I simple deleted the links.

Offline Robo

• Technical
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Bee
  • Beekeep On!
    • Bushkill Bee Vac
Re: Image Shack
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2008, 09:09:18 pm »
Hmmmmmmm.   I've got no clue.   Sometimes strange things happen with image shack.  Let's see if others experience the same issue. Thanks for letting me know.
"Opportunity is missed by most people because it comes dressed in overalls and looks like work." - Thomas Edison

Offline SgtMaj

• Queen Bee
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2008, 09:20:02 pm »
Shawn, image shack adds both the image, and a link to their page with the image on it.  I know this because while at work, the filters show the imbedded image as blank, but I can click the "reply" button and take the URL from there and pull it up that way.

Offline johnnybigfish

• Super Bee
    • The World of Johnnybigfish
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2008, 09:35:44 pm »
Ive been using picasa. I havent figured out how to do a picture directly on the post without making a link of it yet.
I changed over because Imageshack changed. But I suppose either one will work once you take notes and remember how to do stuff
your friend,
john

Offline JP

• The Swarm King
  • Universal Bee
  • I like doing cut-outs, but I love catching swarms!
    • JPthebeeman.com
« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2008, 12:58:00 am »
Ive been using picasa. I havent figured out how to do a picture directly on the post without making a link of it yet.
I changed over because Imageshack changed. But I suppose either one will work once you take notes and remember how to do stuff
your friend,
john

John, once you've uploaded pics to a file you can open any pic in any file with internet explorer, save that pic in desktop, then paste and copy it into your post.

...JP
My Youtube page is titled JPthebeeman with hundreds of educational & entertaining videos.

My website JPthebeeman.com http://jpthebeeman.com

Offline Scadsobees

• Galactic Bee
  • Best use of smileys in a post award.
« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2008, 09:23:59 am »
PS. modification...I just noticed that I'm referring to picasaweb.google.com, not picasa, :roll: in case there is a difference for you...Picasa is a computer program to store, organize and modify pictures on your computer.  Imageshack and picasaweb are both online websites for photo storage.
Picasa does make it very very easy to upload your pictures to picasaweb.google.com.  Much nicer than ImageShack, IMO.

Johnny, when looking at your pic in picasaweb, over on the right side there is a link and "embed image" option.  You can choose the size to embed as well.  It is way easy. :)

Just choose your size, check the "hide album link" box, and copy the text and paste it in your post.

« Last Edit: September 25, 2008, 01:31:03 pm by Scadsobees »
Rick

Offline johnnybigfish

• Super Bee
« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2008, 11:22:33 pm »

Ok...just testing...

Offline johnnybigfish

• Super Bee
« Reply #7 on: September 26, 2008, 11:24:39 pm »
Oh boy!!!
 It worked!!
 Thanks for the help!..Now All I gotta do is jot down the notes!
Your friend,
john

Offline Shawn

• Queen Bee
« Reply #8 on: September 30, 2008, 01:45:00 pm »
Robo, here is the link that keeps coming up with my pictures when I copy. ]. If you notice the first " ] ". I could not highlight and copy without getting into the first link which makes me believe it is attached. Just wanted to show you what I was talking about.

Offline Robo

• Technical
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Bee
  • Beekeep On!
    • Bushkill Bee Vac
« Reply #9 on: September 30, 2008, 02:19:21 pm »
Shawn,
I'm sorry, I can't follow what your trying to show/tell me.   I just tried image shack and things seem to be normal.  Could it be something that has hacked your browser?

"Opportunity is missed by most people because it comes dressed in overalls and looks like work." - Thomas Edison

Offline Shawn

• Queen Bee
« Reply #10 on: September 30, 2008, 03:20:15 pm »
When I upload a picture to image shack the linkage I posted is what is attached to my pictures. I dont know what it is. Maybe ill post a picture and leave the extra stuff attached so you can see. Actually Ill post it here. There are two "URL" links to the picture.