Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Bee Finger Puppet  (Read 5566 times)

Offline Carriage House Farm

• House Bee
    • Carriage House Farm
Bee Finger Puppet
« on: December 07, 2007, 01:57:15 pm »
I posted this over at Beesource but never got any real feed back.

My sister does all sorts of arts and crafts stuff, she has started to actually sell stuff.  She lives up in Chicago so there is a demand for niche sort of stuff.  When she heard I was going to get into beekeeping she added a bee to her "line" of finger puppets.

Pretty neat stuff.  She made a set for our baby that is on the way (probably this time next year assuming there are no delays in the adoption process).  10 of them including some Circus animals, a couple birds, and aliens.

Here are some of her other things...the little blue bird finger puppets are the same size as the bee.

Just curious what everyone else thinks about the stuff.  I love 'em myself but I am biased.  I was thinking about possibly selling the bees for her as a "value" added product once I start producing honey and related stuff.  Thoughts?
Richard Stewart
Carriage House Farm
North Bend, Ohio

An Ohio Century Farm

Offline annette

• Galactic Bee
Re: Bee Finger Puppet
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2007, 02:16:50 pm »
Oh that is so cute!!!  I am sure you would sell oodles of them beside your other honey products. She is very talented. I knit myself but never crocheted. Haven't learned yet.

Thanks for sharing this wonderful stuff.

Annette

Offline shawnwri

• House Bee
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2007, 05:13:12 pm »
Cute.  My kids would love those.

Offline reinbeau

• Super Bee
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2007, 07:50:00 pm »
I used to make little crochet stuffed animals, it was fun!  I think the bee is adorable, she should ride the bee wave right now and get those into a craft fair or somesuch - she'd sell out in a minute, I'd bet!

Offline taipantoo

• House Bee
  • Me after six weeks of sun in Nome, Alaska
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2007, 12:27:40 am »
Oh that is so cute!!!  I am sure you would sell oodles of them beside your other honey products. She is very talented. I knit myself but never crocheted. Haven't learned yet.

Thanks for sharing this wonderful stuff.

Annette

I was going to say that that looks like crochet.
My Grandmother taught me how to crochet when I was 7 years old.
I made a pair of pants for my teddy bear.

Do you have prices?
It's a little late for Christmas, but I have a 4 year old Grand Daughter who has a birthday coming up in July.

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2007, 11:35:51 am »
Richard, you have posted these pictures in the correct place for people to appreciate stuff, hee, hee. 

Your Sister has an amazing talent for art work.  She has created little cute things of incredible beauty.  She should be able to sell these little things with no difficulty at any fair she would want to attend, and when you get your honey store going (great aspirations, wonderful stuff), they will sell like hot cakes there, not a question of a doubt.  Yea!!!!  Good for your Sister, keep her keepin' on, she has talent galore.  Beautiful and wonderful day, great health.  Cindi
There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service

• House Bee
    • Carriage House Farm
« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2007, 01:37:37 pm »
If you are interested in purchasing from her check out here:

http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=5321379

It has a limited number of things she sells and they are pricey.

She also lists the trade shows she attends up in Chicago if you happen to be local. Her finger puppets (because they are the least expensive of all her wares tend to be the most popular, so she doesn't have any available till after her shows.
Richard Stewart
Carriage House Farm
North Bend, Ohio

An Ohio Century Farm

Offline Understudy

• Galactic Bee
    • http://www.understudy.net
« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2007, 08:35:55 pm »
That is an awesome finger puppet.

I like that a lot.

Sincerely,
Brendhan
The status is not quo. The world is a mess and I just need to rule it. Dr. Horrible

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #8 on: December 09, 2007, 09:56:37 am »
Richard, cool, looked at your Sister's site, she must be one busy gal!!!!  I see she goes to trade shows, that is awesome.

A few years ago I got into making beautiful, intricate macrame necklaces, during a winter of boredom (before I got the bees).  It would take me about an hour to make a necklace, and of course a shorter time for bracelets and anklets.  They were made of thin thread, beautiful macrame knots and small glass beads.  These necklaces were a beautiful piece of artwork.  I thought that I would try to sell these on consignment at a couple of places.  Nope....people not interested.  I guess they could buy a piece of junk for half the price that looked 1/100th as nice, but price talks. So now I have a box of beautiful little macrame necklaces, bracelets and anklets.  I give these away to people that I feel good towards, like my neices, nephews, friends of theirs, and so on and so on.  Many times my older Nephew comes to me and asks if he can "get" a piece of this art to give to one of his girlfriends.  He is a casanova, so he has several young ladies that sport my wares.  I don't mind, it makes me feel good when these kids browse through my macrame work box and chose something.  It is like a little treasure trove and a fun place to go. 

I am glad your Sister has found a market for her hard work...yea!!!!!  Have a beautiful and wonderful day, Cindi
There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service

• House Bee
    • Carriage House Farm
« Reply #9 on: December 14, 2007, 09:42:49 pm »
Well, she did really well at the show.  Surprisingly well.

I'll see her next week for a couple days during Christmas and hope to talk to her about making some for me to sell if we can agree on a plan.

And Cindi, I never really respond to your posts because I never have much to say.  I do want to say thanks for all the kind words though...and encouragement.  You are an asset to the forum.

Merry Christmas folks if I forget to tell everyone such over the next week.   :-D
Richard Stewart
Carriage House Farm
North Bend, Ohio

An Ohio Century Farm

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #10 on: December 15, 2007, 11:38:16 am »
Richard, now isn't that just nice, things you say.  Good, good to hear stuff for surely.

I think that you and your Sister could come to a very nice agreement.  One day you will have a little honey store on your farm.  This is where you can sport your Sister's beautiful objects that she puts this great time into, you can be proud of that.  AND....you will have your own bee products there too (and lots of your own produce, too), yea!!!  Good for you.  Have a great and wonderful day, Cindi

Offline Kirk-o

• Queen Bee
« Reply #11 on: December 20, 2007, 07:49:35 pm »
Wonderful.Just wonderful
kirko
"It's not about Honey it's not about Money It's about SURVIVAL" Charles Martin Simmon

• House Bee
    • Carriage House Farm
« Reply #12 on: January 02, 2008, 11:09:03 pm »
Another fun thing from my sister for Christmas and I figured I'd share.

This a custom thing. 

He even has a little fat cartoonish looking stinger on his rear end.  :-D
Richard Stewart
Carriage House Farm
North Bend, Ohio

An Ohio Century Farm

Offline shawnwri

• House Bee
« Reply #13 on: January 03, 2008, 10:51:33 am »
Another cute one.

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #14 on: January 03, 2008, 11:53:26 am »
Richard, this young lady has some extremely unique talents, good for her, yea!!!!  Best of a beautiful day, Cindi

anything