Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Hello from West Tennessee  (Read 1422 times)

Offline linebacker

• Brood
Hello from West Tennessee
« on: November 21, 2010, 11:19:08 pm »
Just wanted to say hello, and tell ya'll this is an awesome forum.  I was planning adding bees to our farm this coming spring, but it looks like it will have to wait until the spring of 2013.  My two days a month and two weeks a year  part time job is once again sending me on another all expenses paid year long tour to the middle east.  I plan on learning all I can between now and then and sharing this new adventure with my son.  As much as I'd like to start this spring I just don't want to put any more jobs on my family while I'm gone.  They will be busy enough with the chickens, goats, quail and ducks as it is.

Brad

Offline hardwood

• Galactic Bee
  • Alysian Apiaries youtube.com/MrBeedude
Re: Hello from West Tennessee
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2010, 11:39:33 pm »
God bless you Brad and thank you! Check in when you can...you can still learn tons about bees while you're gone. When you get back we'll be here for you!

Scott
"In the first place, we should insist that if the immigrant who comes here in good faith becomes an American and assimilates himself to us, he shall be treated on an exact equality with everyone else, for it is an outrage to discriminate against any such man because of creed, or birthplace, or origin. But this is predicated upon the person's becoming in every facet an American, and nothing but an American...There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag...We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language...And we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people."

Theodore Roosevelt 1907

Offline Kathyp

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2010, 12:42:52 am »
keep your head, (and other parts) down.  we'll be here when you get back

others from this site have deployed one place or the other, and there are a lot of former military turned beekeepers here.  

feel free to write while you are away and please do keep reading.  also, when you have time, please put your home location in your profile.
Someone really ought to tell them that the world of Ayn Rand?s novel was not meant to be aspirational.

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2010, 12:24:47 pm »
Brad, welcome to our forum, great that you have found us.  As they say, all good things take time.  You will one day keep bees.  In the meantime, when you have time, begin to study and understand about them, you will find how deeply you soon become held beneath their spell.  Have that wonderful, awesome day, love, peace and health, Cindi
There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service