Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Funny shows  (Read 5007 times)

Offline Jerrymac

• Galactic Bee
Funny shows
« on: January 06, 2007, 04:23:40 pm »
This has been itching at me for a long time. Just what do people find funny. I see all these shows that are suppose to be funny. I have tried to sit through some of them just to find there is nothing funny at all just plain stupid.

"The Office" I started watching a couple of times. Gave up in five minutes.

I don't think "Monk" is funny.

I get a lot of chuckles out of "Scrubs" and there are life lessons in that show. All so "Dead Like Me".

"My Name is Earl" is/was funny, I don't watch it anymore. Same with "Two and a Half Men" and "New Adventures of Old Christine". Well old Christine is right on the edge of entertaining funny and stupid. Not enough to keep me going back season after season.

I never ever thought "I Love Lucy" was funny. Even as a child I thought that woman was over acting stupid. On the other hand Red Skelton kept me rolling in the floor.

So what do you find funny?
:rainbowflower:  Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.   :rainbowflower:

:jerry:

My pictures.Type in password;  youview
     http://photobucket.com/albums/v225/Jerry-mac/

Offline Kirk-o

• Queen Bee
Re: Funny shows
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2007, 05:06:12 pm »
Yes me to throw away the T V and listen to the radio I bought a old Zenith shortwave off of E Bay I listen to all kinds of neat stuff.Red Skelton isn't on anymore he was funny not VUlgar or nasty

get a radio
kirko
"It's not about Honey it's not about Money It's about SURVIVAL" Charles Martin Simmon

Offline Understudy

• Galactic Bee
    • http://www.understudy.net
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2007, 06:34:45 pm »
Yes me to throw away the T V and listen to the radio I bought a old Zenith shortwave off of E Bay I listen to all kinds of neat stuff.Red Skelton isn't on anymore he was funny not VUlgar or nasty

get a radio
kirko
Red Skelton was great. I still have a bunch of Jack Benny stuff.
I use to listen to Mystery Radio with EG Marshall  I have some of those on tape also.

Sincerely,
Brendhan
The status is not quo. The world is a mess and I just need to rule it. Dr. Horrible

Offline beemaster

• Site Founder
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Bee
  • It is my pleasure to bring the forums to you.
    • http://www.beemaster.com
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2007, 07:11:53 pm »
I surely hope you radiophiles haven't missed this FREE gem on the net

http://www.radiolovers.com/

Hundreds of radio dramas, comedies, musicals, suspense, etc., are all found there WITH all the original commercials (not something NEW thrown in to blow the whole experience)

Funny... Monk is a great one - we all have our compulsions and I think that is what makes him so funny, he has them all - so eventually we see him do ours.

Other shows, I can't help but love South-Park, Family Guy, The Simpson's and American Dad - all smart and talented writers and voices.

I can take or leave King of Queens, even though I like it, I never go out of my way to watch it. Seinfeld reruns are always a good filler of time, more background noise, but still an American classic.  HBO has had a few good ones, best of which I think is/was Larry David's Curb Your Enthusiasm, Entourage and the new
the low budget potty mouthed Lucky Louie.

I guess I'm more in to the surreal stuff or macabre like Six Feet Under, Dead zone, Ghost Whisperer stuff. I'll take a good psycho-drama over a comedy most of the time. Hope you all try that web link - treasure trove of comedy there!!!
NJBeemaster my YOUTUBE Video Collection

Please enjoy the forum, and if it has helped you in any way, we hope that a small donation can be made to support our FULLY member supported forum. You will never see advertisements here, and that is because of the generous members who have made our forum possible. We are in our second decade as a beekeeping forum and all thanks to member support. At the top right of every page is a donations link. Please help if you can.

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2007, 12:38:05 am »
I still think that Bill Cosby is the funniest person I have ever had the pleasure of listening and watching.  I am a pretty serious person, and it takes something really funny to make me laugh, but when I do..the tears roll down my face.  Thank goodness for waterproof mascara!!!  Great day.  Cindi
There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service

Offline beemaster

• Site Founder
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Bee
  • It is my pleasure to bring the forums to you.
    • http://www.beemaster.com
« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2007, 06:35:47 am »
I can't believe not one person either didn't try or didn't comment on the Old Radio link about - ugh. I'm slipping.
NJBeemaster my YOUTUBE Video Collection

Please enjoy the forum, and if it has helped you in any way, we hope that a small donation can be made to support our FULLY member supported forum. You will never see advertisements here, and that is because of the generous members who have made our forum possible. We are in our second decade as a beekeeping forum and all thanks to member support. At the top right of every page is a donations link. Please help if you can.

Offline buzzbee

• Ken
  • Global Moderator
  • Galactic Bee
    • N Central Pa Beekeepers Facebook Page
« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2007, 08:08:43 am »
I have been to the old radio site on occasion and listen generally to the Abbot and Costello stuff. I think this sight came up in our conversations on ventrilo chat at one point in time.Glad to get a refresher to the link! :)

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2007, 09:19:35 am »
John, bet the Old Radio link is really good, especially, as you said, the commercials are all old ones.  That is cool.  I don't listen to the radio, so I was not interested.  But I bet it would be a great thing to listen to that would take one away from this day and age.  Great day. Cindi
There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service

Offline qa33010

• Field Bee
« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2007, 02:40:57 am »
    Thanks for the radio link.  It's now on my favorites.  We used to have the old shows on Sundays on a talk radio station.  Unfortunately they stopped and put some show that has to do with legalities and some such in other states.  I still have my old Bill Cosby LP albums. :lol:
Everyone said it couldn't be done. But he with a chuckle replied, "I won't be one to say it is so, until I give it a try."  So he buckled right in with a trace of a grin.  If he had a worry he hid it and he started to sing as he tackled that thing that couldn't be done, and he did it.  (unknown)

Offline Understudy

• Galactic Bee
    • http://www.understudy.net
« Reply #9 on: February 03, 2007, 09:47:56 am »
HBO recently had Bill Cosby "Himself" on. My wife and I watched it again ( I have the  video). And we were still laughing just as hard as ever.

I have a dark twisted sense of humor and shows that maybe aren't suppose to be funny to me are hilarious. I love watching Cops. I am usually clutching my stomach at the end of some of those shows. I love Monty Python's Flying Circus. Most of the british comedies are great. Ab Fab was great, and the british version of the office works for me. I haven't really watched the US version.

The Simpsons, South Park are usually pretty good. Scrubs is pretty funny. The original Not Ready for Prime Time Players (Saturday Night Live) was very good.

And I could watch "But I'm a Cheerleader" over and over.

Sincerely,
Brendhan
The status is not quo. The world is a mess and I just need to rule it. Dr. Horrible