Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: bee cutout on news  (Read 2232 times)

Offline riverrat

• House Bee
bee cutout on news
« on: June 27, 2009, 12:47:54 am »
I was doing this cut out Friday morning in a small town when the news showed up. By far not the most typical of cutouts I got stung worse than ever before doing a cutout I got it about 20 times even with a golden bee suit. They was hot from start to finish on this one. Even when I got them home they was still aggressive The pastor being interviewed was well over 100 yards away when the bees found them even the reporter and camera man got stung. I'm going to send in a sample of these to test if the are AHB

http://www.kwch.com/global/Category.asp?C=155583&clipId=&topVideoCatNo=78809&topVideoCatNoB=147516&topVideoCatNoC=104589&topVideoCatNoD=104489&topVideoCatNoE=104770&autostart=true&clipId=3906814&topVideoCatNo=78809&autoStart=true
« Last Edit: June 27, 2009, 12:59:42 am by riverrat »
never take the top off a hive on a day that you wouldn't want the roof taken off your house

Offline joker1656

• House Bee
Re: bee cutout on news
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2009, 01:35:42 am »
To me, that looked like a bear of a cutout.  I will quit complaining about some of mine.   :-DNice work, and nice video.  Even if it is a church, I hope you were paid well.  Nice work.
"Fear not the night.  Fear that which walks the night.  I am that which walks the night, BUT only EVIL need fear me..."-Lt. Col. David Grossman

Offline riverrat

• House Bee
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2009, 01:39:53 am »
I get $100.00 hour 3 hr minimum. It was a tough one
never take the top off a hive on a day that you wouldn't want the roof taken off your house

Offline Cheryl

• House Bee
  • top bar beekeeper
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2009, 01:42:55 am »
Yeowch!! That one was waaay up there, too!
We are what we repeatedly do.
Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit.

~ Aristotle

Offline joker1656

• House Bee
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2009, 01:45:26 am »
Not sure if that hourly rate looks worth it.  Looks like a pretty hairy one.  I am guessing, though, that you were well over the 3 hr mark.  Again, nice work. :)
"Fear not the night.  Fear that which walks the night.  I am that which walks the night, BUT only EVIL need fear me..."-Lt. Col. David Grossman

Offline mick

• Queen Bee
« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2009, 02:55:18 am »
Great work, made the TV without stooping to Dr. Phil or Springer! Nice lil story, well done!

Offline JP

• The Swarm King
  • Universal Bee
  • I like doing cut-outs, but I love catching swarms!
    • JPthebeeman.com
« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2009, 05:17:39 am »
Shoulda maybe thrown some holy water on them or something, perhaps they were possessed? :-D

Great job hanging in there!

...JP
My Youtube page is titled JPthebeeman with hundreds of educational & entertaining videos.

My website JPthebeeman.com http://jpthebeeman.com

Offline G3farms

• Super Bee
« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2009, 06:55:10 am »
Nice job and that looked like a tough one for sure. Sorry to hear you got stung so many times.

G3
those hot bees will have you steppin and a fetchin like your heads on fire and your keister is a catchin!!!

Bees will be bees and do as they please!

Offline Irwin

• Super Bee
  • howdy all
« Reply #8 on: June 27, 2009, 09:54:51 am »
I think it's great to see one of or member's on TV. Now we know what Riverrat look like it's almost as good as meeting you in person. :-D
Fight organized crime!  Re-elect no one.

Offline Highlandsfreedom

• House Bee
    • Organic gardening and Bee Services.
« Reply #9 on: June 27, 2009, 10:13:50 am »
Great Job way to put your head down and follow through. 
To bee or not to bee that is the question I wake up to answer that every morning...

Offline riverrat

• House Bee
« Reply #10 on: June 29, 2009, 11:50:56 am »
I didnt go ahead and hive the bees from the cutout. I had about a cup full left and boy was they still agressive. I sent in samples to the bee lab.  I will keep you all posted on the results

anything