Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Washington State prices  (Read 1157 times)

Offline Vance G

• Queen Bee
Washington State prices
« on: August 20, 2012, 02:10:31 am »
My grandson is going to sell honey for me at a big flea market in western Washington state and I am wondering what is a fair price for 12 0z bears , pound containers and quarts in that area.  Do not want to undercut the market and don't want to be overpriced.  I found someone on another forum who said he is getting a price beyond my dreams of avarice.  Any Washington folks out there? 

Offline JackM

• Field Bee
Re: Washington State prices
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2012, 09:48:46 am »
On Craigslist here in SW WA, going rates are $40 a gallon, $6 a pint.  I am getting $6 a pint and $5 for 12 oz plastic bears.  Folks are not breaking down my door until they taste the honey and then they come back and buy twice as much :)

So that is the rate down here.  Store bought is a little higher in Safeway, not much

That is for this year's honey.  I would think if you had pure blackberry you could get a little more.
Jack of all trades
Master of none.

Offline AllenF

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2012, 08:37:24 pm »
Get as much as he can get.   People talk about walmart's price and I tell them if they want walmart honey, go to walmart.   If they want clean local honey, buy local out of my truck.   Remember, you do not have to sell it all now.   In March, people call me for honey every year.   I could charge double, but never keep honey that long.  Then they get upset when I tell them I collect honey in June/ July.   

Offline asprince

• Super Bee
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2012, 08:48:17 pm »
Ditto what Allen said. I give lots of free samples. The recipients get hooked and become customers. You know......like a crack dealer. lol 

Steve
Politics is supposed to be the second oldest profession. I have come to realize that it bears a very close resembalance to the first. - Ronald Reagan

Offline AllenF

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2012, 08:52:32 pm »
 :-D