Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Inrtoduction to Tom Vanden Bosch  (Read 2676 times)

Offline garlicfarmer

• New Bee
Inrtoduction to Tom Vanden Bosch
« on: July 27, 2012, 09:08:32 pm »
My name is Thomas Vanden Bosch.  I have been Beekeeping for six years. I live in Hesperia Michigan with my wife Laura.  I got started when my wife and I started a CSA farm.  I have so much enjoyment watching and learning what the bees are doing in there hives.  I am learning quite alot from networking with other beekeepers.  I have started 3 friends working with bees.  I think beekeepers are awesome people.  I would like to begin to work for pollinators abroad.  if you know of anyone that hires beekeepers to work in South America or New Zeeland.  Outside of Beekeeping I love to grow garlic and shallots.  I am on facebook.  I would like to learn more about queen rearing, making food for bees and pollinating.  I would love to hear from other beekeepers.  Thanks Tom

Offline AllenF

• Galactic Bee
Re: Inrtoduction to Tom Vanden Bosch
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2012, 10:56:43 pm »
Very nice intro and welcome to the forum.

Offline Joe D

• Super Bee
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2012, 11:36:06 pm »
Welcome to the forum, Tom.

Joe

Offline tefer2

• Super Bee
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2012, 08:18:26 am »
Welcome to the forum Thomas, there are a few of us Michiganders on here.

Offline Joe D

• Super Bee
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2012, 12:38:22 am »
tefer, my next door neighbor, is from Kalamazoo originally, been down here for years now.  Dave Senholtz

Joe

Offline JP

• The Swarm King
  • Universal Bee
  • I like doing cut-outs, but I love catching swarms!
    • JPthebeeman.com
« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2012, 06:22:55 am »
Welcome to Beemaster Tom!  I met a guy a few months back that grows mainly elephant garlic. He owns several hundred acres of property and is a garlic fanatic! He and I have become good friends and I keep bees at his property. His eyes light up when he speaks about garlic and its many uses.

...JP
My Youtube page is titled JPthebeeman with hundreds of educational & entertaining videos.

My website JPthebeeman.com http://jpthebeeman.com

Offline garlicfarmer

• New Bee
« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2012, 09:55:06 am »
Welcome to Beemaster Tom!  I met a guy a few months back that grows mainly elephant garlic. He owns several hundred acres of property and is a garlic fanatic! He and I have become good friends and I keep bees at his property. His eyes light up when he speaks about garlic and its many uses.

...JP
     We grow Metechi and carpathian garlics and can understand how he would light up.  We had a tough year because of the early heat.  I watch your videos all the time.  Thank you for making them my friend Jay loves your videos.  Keep them up they are a big help.  I am trying to find work beekeeping do you know any one that is hiring?  Thanks again JP we may meet soon  Tom

Offline JP

• The Swarm King
  • Universal Bee
  • I like doing cut-outs, but I love catching swarms!
    • JPthebeeman.com
« Reply #7 on: July 29, 2012, 02:27:36 pm »
Hiring where Tom? And for what kind of work?

I went to my friend's place this morning and set up a few more hives. He has pulled all of his garlic which is now drying. We had a nice visit and I got a chance to sample his muscadine.

...JP
My Youtube page is titled JPthebeeman with hundreds of educational & entertaining videos.

My website JPthebeeman.com http://jpthebeeman.com

anything