Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Gone to HAS  (Read 7463 times)

Offline Michael Bush

• Universal Bee
    • bushfarms.com
Gone to HAS
« on: July 07, 2007, 08:09:16 am »
I may or may not be online for the next ten days since I'm leaving this morning to visit some family on the way and then giving presentations at HAS.  If I don't respond to direct questions, please be patient.  I will get on as I find access to the internet and time, but both are likely to be in short supply for the next ten days. :)

http://www.heartlandbees.com/has_2007_program.htm

If you're in the area of Frankfort, KY stop by.  :)
My website:  bushfarms.com/bees.htm en espanol: bushfarms.com/es_bees.htm  auf deutsche: bushfarms.com/de_bees.htm  em portugues:  bushfarms.com/pt_bees.htm
My book:  ThePracticalBeekeeper.com
-------------------
"Everything works if you let it."--James "Big Boy" Medlin

Offline Understudy

• Galactic Bee
    • http://www.understudy.net
Re: Gone to HAS
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2007, 08:24:57 am »
Michael,

Have a great time. Let us know how things go.

Sincerely,
Brendhan
The status is not quo. The world is a mess and I just need to rule it. Dr. Horrible

Offline bluegrass

• House Bee
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2007, 08:45:32 am »
Wish I could make it out there, but I have to work. Take advantage of the Salato tour or go on your own. It is one of my favorate places to visit and completely free. They used to have a nice bee tree display, but I don't think its there anymore. Also Dadant is just 5 minutes away. Oh.....and don't miss Buffalo Trace distillery (request Freddy as your tour guide) its the best tour in the area and the oldest distillery I believe.
Sugarbush Bees

Offline buzzbee

• Ken
  • Global Moderator
  • Galactic Bee
    • N Central Pa Beekeepers Facebook Page
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2007, 08:48:22 am »
Have a fun and safe trip!

Offline tillie

• Super Bee
  • Bee in N Georgia on a Blackberry flower
    • Linda T's Bees
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2007, 09:47:38 am »
Have a wonderful time - everyone there will be so lucky to get to hear your talks - wish I were one of them.  The program looks great.

We'll of course miss your input here as I hang onto your every word, but then we'll be delighted when you are back online helping to shepherd all of us through our beekeeping efforts.

Safe travels,

Linda T in Atlanta

Offline JP

• The Swarm King
  • Universal Bee
  • I like doing cut-outs, but I love catching swarms!
    • JPthebeeman.com
« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2007, 09:51:58 am »
MB, we will be patient while you are on this hiatus, have a great time, and if bluegrass stops by warn all in his presence that he is not to be trusted, he is vile and worst than any wax moth, for we all know he is a self proclaimed brood eater! :-D
My Youtube page is titled JPthebeeman with hundreds of educational & entertaining videos.

My website JPthebeeman.com http://jpthebeeman.com

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2007, 10:23:59 am »
Michael, nice trip, safe travels, as all is said, gonna miss your company.  Have a wonderful day, great trip, Cindi
There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service

Offline bluegrass

• House Bee
« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2007, 11:37:54 am »
maybe next year I will get invited to do a brood eating demo :-D
Sugarbush Bees

Offline BeeHopper

• Queen Bee
« Reply #8 on: July 07, 2007, 12:22:00 pm »
I may or may not be online for the next ten days since I'm leaving this morning to visit some family on the way and then giving presentations at HAS.  If I don't respond to direct questions, please be patient.  I will get on as I find access to the internet and time, but both are likely to be in short supply for the next ten days. :)

http://www.heartlandbees.com/has_2007_program.htm

If you're in the area of Frankfort, KY stop by.  :)

We expect a detailed report upon your return. Godspeed  :-D

Offline danno1800

• House Bee
    • http://www.huntingtonquarterly.com/Issue30/renaissance.html
« Reply #9 on: July 07, 2007, 02:53:22 pm »
I'll be sitting right up in front of your classes at HAS, Michael! Thank for going there to teach. -Danno

Offline bluegrass

• House Bee
« Reply #10 on: July 11, 2007, 04:29:55 pm »
Okay.....so I will admit that I thought the price was too high to go and see one or two lectures that I am interested in, but I really want to hear MB speak and I am sure this is one of the few chances I will have to meet him in person. I stopped by Dadant to get a few things today, and Robin asked if I was going to go.  After we left Dadant my wife (who was with me) asked why I was  "worried about a $20.00 registration fee?" "The conferance I go to every year for work costs us 350.00 plus my yearly dues.....you should go, its sounds like the cheapest conferance on the planet"
So I am going to take off from work on Saturday and go; Hope I meet some of the other people from this forum and Beesource while I am there. Are there any plans for members to get together?   
Sugarbush Bees

Offline Understudy

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #11 on: July 11, 2007, 05:25:55 pm »
Okay.....so I will admit that I thought the price was too high to go and see one or two lectures that I am interested in, but I really want to hear MB speak and I am sure this is one of the few chances I will have to meet him in person. I stopped by Dadant to get a few things today, and Robin asked if I was going to go.  After we left Dadant my wife (who was with me) asked why I was  "worried about a $20.00 registration fee?" "The conferance I go to every year for work costs us 350.00 plus my yearly dues.....you should go, its sounds like the cheapest conferance on the planet"
So I am going to take off from work on Saturday and go; Hope I meet some of the other people from this forum and Beesource while I am there. Are there any plans for members to get together?   

Awesome, let us know how it goes. Take pictures.

Another member meeting in the works. How great is that?

Sincerely,
Brendhan

Waiting for the shuttle bus to Logan airport. Chicago here I come.
The status is not quo. The world is a mess and I just need to rule it. Dr. Horrible

Offline danno1800

• House Bee
« Reply #12 on: July 12, 2007, 08:50:12 am »

My first try at posting a photo here in the forum. Here is the first picture from HAS 2007: Michael Bush at breakfast on Thursday. -Danno

Offline Understudy

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #13 on: July 12, 2007, 09:31:08 am »
We have a face to the name.  :-D

I hope you and Michael have an awesome time.

Sincerely,
Brendhan

Currently in Chicago

Offline danno1800

• House Bee
« Reply #14 on: July 12, 2007, 09:23:10 pm »
Michael told me it's the first picture of him to be posted online! Here are the first pictures from Michael teaching in the beeyard at HAS 2007. He taught making splits to prevent swarming. In my opinion it was the best class I've attended at the conference so far. His later classroom talk about observation hives was also terrific!

Offline bluegrass

• House Bee
« Reply #15 on: July 13, 2007, 06:41:48 am »
Wish I could have made all of his talks, but I will catch the one on top entrances and small equipment in the morning. I was planning on posting the first MB pic, looks like you beat me to it ;)

Sugarbush Bees

Offline danno1800

• House Bee
« Reply #16 on: July 13, 2007, 09:20:44 am »
Look for me, Clinton, Waya Coyote & his beautiful wife & kid in that class also!

Offline peggjam

• New Bee
« Reply #17 on: July 13, 2007, 11:37:55 am »
Yur right, these are the first pics of MB....he usually stays hidden :-D.

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #18 on: July 14, 2007, 11:41:11 am »
danno1800.  Thanks for the pics.  Like Brendhan said, putting a picture to a face (or is it the other way around), is awesome.

That is cool picture of Michael.  I don't know why, but I pictured him differently.  I think I remember him stating that his heritage is Lakota aboriginal and this created the different picture in my mind's eye.

Michael, you look great!!!  And it looks like you are a wonderful beekeeper, my hat off to you.  Have a wonderful and beautiful day.  regards, Cindi
There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service

Offline danno1800

• House Bee
« Reply #19 on: July 15, 2007, 11:01:37 am »
You are so welcome, Cindi! It is always fun to meet someone bacause they look so different from what you expect. Michael is a very knowledgeable, very pleasant person. He was patient & thoughtful in his beeyard & classroom presentations. It was a real honor to study under one of the great ones. The thing I love about beekeeping is that sharing from experienced beekeepers to those with less experience. It passes on the hard-won learning of all the previous generations of beekeepers: mentor to pupil. I highly recommend to everyone planning to visit Huntington, WV next year, July 10-12, 2008, for the next HAS meeting. We hope we can talk Michael into coming back to teach for us again. -Danno