Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Nearing 500 Facebook members and growing  (Read 7607 times)

Offline beemaster

• Site Founder
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Bee
  • It is my pleasure to bring the forums to you.
    • http://www.beemaster.com
Nearing 500 Facebook members and growing
« on: August 20, 2011, 11:49:08 am »
Just an update, we've gained over 25 members this month on Facebook and it has gotten very active. For you with portable devices, this is a great way to keep up with other members.

If you are new to Facebook, below is the link to the Official Beemaster Facebook Page

http://www.facebook.com/groups/55633188198/

Looking for 500 members by the end of the year. Please mention to any friends who use Facebook that our page there has grown nearly 30% this years since it because the official page, not a fan page. Topics are coming every day and the community feels a lot like here :)

If you haven't joined Beemaster International Beekeeping Forum facebook group - please join and you may meet many members who rarely go to forums, for they  live on Facebook - but still they interact as we do here.

http://www.facebook.com/groups/55633188198/
« Last Edit: November 29, 2011, 06:18:28 pm by beemaster »
NJBeemaster my YOUTUBE Video Collection

Please enjoy the forum, and if it has helped you in any way, we hope that a small donation can be made to support our FULLY member supported forum. You will never see advertisements here, and that is because of the generous members who have made our forum possible. We are in our second decade as a beekeeping forum and all thanks to member support. At the top right of every page is a donations link. Please help if you can.

Offline Sundog

• House Bee
Re: FACEBOOK UPDATE: 323 members and growing
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2011, 11:54:19 am »
I don't mean to stir up the hive, but I'm just wondering, who profits by all this "Like us on Facebook"? 

Having fun!

Offline beemaster

• Site Founder
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Bee
  • It is my pleasure to bring the forums to you.
    • http://www.beemaster.com
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2011, 11:27:31 pm »
Sure not me - lol. Facebook I assume depends on all the sites (surely not Beemaster) more like TGIF, SEARS, any big store or service which people "allow" to use their member preferences to post ads on peoples home pages.

Example, I see one member with an attachment that is sponsored by Chili's offering the member to "buy" an appetizer and send it to a Facebook friend.

That is just one of a trillion examples. I'm sure Facebook gets a good chunk of that times the millions of posts a minute sure must add up.

FYI - Here at Beemaster Forums, any funds are through donations by members to help defer costs of hosting services, domain fees, back-up servers, Ventrilo Voice/text Chat and anything else required. No one is paid, our admins and staff are totally volunteer - I cannot imagine the man-hours Robo gives us alone and what a fair man-hour fee would be to keep us up and running. And NO money has ever been taken in exchange for advertising on this site, nor will there ever.

Worse case scenario I would cover all costs out of pocket, but that has not been necessary since the third year of the forum - our members are very kind to help keep us going and I am very grateful to them.

So next time you look around the forum, notice, no Google Ads or any ads of any kind - and then thank those who have so kindly supported us all for so many years. :)
NJBeemaster my YOUTUBE Video Collection

Please enjoy the forum, and if it has helped you in any way, we hope that a small donation can be made to support our FULLY member supported forum. You will never see advertisements here, and that is because of the generous members who have made our forum possible. We are in our second decade as a beekeeping forum and all thanks to member support. At the top right of every page is a donations link. Please help if you can.

Offline Sundog

• House Bee
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2011, 12:54:30 pm »
I am very grateful to all those that make a cybersite like this work.  I do however see the irony when, for exmple, the Cardiac Rehab Center has "Like us on Facebook" posters all around the place when it should have signs that read "get off your butt and get some excersize", (myself included).  I would seem contrary to their Mission Statement.

You have my thanks and best regards.

Sundog

vksheilds

« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2011, 06:27:38 am »
I like the openion of administrator but still people running behind of like us

Offline JP

• The Swarm King
  • Universal Bee
  • I like doing cut-outs, but I love catching swarms!
    • JPthebeeman.com
« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2011, 08:28:11 am »
Finally joined. Having trouble finding the member's page.

...JP
« Last Edit: October 18, 2011, 08:53:30 am by JP »
My Youtube page is titled JPthebeeman with hundreds of educational & entertaining videos.

My website JPthebeeman.com http://jpthebeeman.com

Online Kathyp

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
Re: FACEBOOK UPDATE: 438 members and growing
« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2011, 08:10:07 pm »
#
« Last Edit: October 19, 2011, 12:07:45 pm by kathyp »
Someone really ought to tell them that the world of Ayn Rand?s novel was not meant to be aspirational.

Offline JP

• The Swarm King
  • Universal Bee
    • JPthebeeman.com
« Reply #7 on: October 19, 2011, 11:23:22 am »
I must be doing something wrong, I just can't seem to locate the beemaster facebook page.

...JP
My Youtube page is titled JPthebeeman with hundreds of educational & entertaining videos.

Online Kathyp

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #8 on: October 19, 2011, 12:09:09 pm »
for whatever reason, that link didn't take you there.

just type beemaster international beekeeping forum in the search bar on facebook.  once you have gone to the page and liked it, it will pop up for you easily.
Someone really ought to tell them that the world of Ayn Rand?s novel was not meant to be aspirational.

Offline JP

• The Swarm King
  • Universal Bee
    • JPthebeeman.com
« Reply #9 on: October 19, 2011, 08:35:42 pm »
Found it!

I'm signed in under my given name Jeff Armstrong.

...JP