Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Hi from South East Oklahoma  (Read 1645 times)

Offline brer

• New Bee
Hi from South East Oklahoma
« on: June 02, 2009, 11:16:04 pm »
I'm a full time wage slave that lives out in the country.

Me and my brother are wanting to get a hive up just to see how well it works.  Maybe more than one if we like it as a hobby.

I will likely be a lurker for quite some time.  I really do not know enough yet to even ask the right questions and do not want to start what is likely a very common first topic, ie how to get started.  I'll read through the ones already up or stickied

So if I ask a blatantly stupid question at some point, forgive me, I'm probably going to be a newb at this a while. :)

Offline 1reb

• Super Bee
Re: Hi from South East Oklahoma
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2009, 01:16:42 am »
Hello and Welcome brer
There is alot of great information on the forum !!
The members here are willing help and answer your questions, all you need to do is to ask

Johnny 

Offline indypartridge

• Queen Bee
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2009, 07:29:38 am »
Hello and Welcome!

This forum is a great place to learn about bees and beekeeping. The tutorials on the main Beemaster page were one of the first places I began to learn about bees several years ago. I also recommend that you go to your local library and check for any books and videos on beekeeping. It's also good to get involved with a beekeeping club. Clubs often offer beginning beekeeping classes and are good for finding mentors and getting connected to nearby beeks. Check if any of these are close to you:
http://www.okbees.org/LocalClubs.html

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2009, 12:33:50 am »
Brer, welcome to our forum, so glad that you found us.  You will find that the secret world of the honeybee is nothing short of fascinating, the more that you learn about them the more you will be compelled to learn.  Take your time.  There is a whole lotta stuff to learn to know about keeping these bees.  Never, for ever one moment feel that any question you ask is irrelevant or not important.  We all began at one point in time, it was not born with us.  So, ask your questions, no matter how dumb it may seem to you, that is not how we work here, we love to help, we love to listen, we love to learn too, stick around.  Our forum is not only about bees, it has many other subjects too.  Have a most wonderful and awesome day, to love, live and share this great life, health.  Cindi
There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service