Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Howdy  (Read 3167 times)

Offline cow pollinater

• House Bee
Howdy
« on: November 01, 2009, 07:11:49 pm »
Hi all,  I've lurked around here a few times and post fairly regularly on another site.  It's suposed to be an el nino year this year so I figure I'd better get signed up now so I'm ready to go when rainy day schedule hits. :)  I've had bees for about eight years but I'm just starting to grow like crazy in hopes of retiring from my current occupation of dairy cattle artificial insemenation.
If it doesn't kill you it makes you stronger... Or maims you for life.

Offline cow pollinater

• House Bee
Re: Howdy
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2009, 07:14:46 pm »
Oh... one more thing, I'm not gay but I'd kill to have a little gender sign that spins like a clock :-D.  Just for giggles.

Offline asprince

• Super Bee
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2009, 08:38:18 pm »
Welcome to Beemaster.

I don't think that I have ever me anyone with your occupation! Why not just let the bull do the deed? :devilbanana:

Steve
Politics is supposed to be the second oldest profession. I have come to realize that it bears a very close resembalance to the first. - Ronald Reagan

Offline 1reb

• Super Bee
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2009, 12:43:14 am »
Hello and Welcome Cow pollinater 

There is alot of great information on the forum !!
The members here are willing help and answer your questions, all you need to do is to ask

Johnny

Offline Scadsobees

• Galactic Bee
  • Best use of smileys in a post award.
« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2009, 01:28:13 pm »
Welcome to Beemaster.

I don't think that I have ever me anyone with your occupation! Why not just let the bull do the deed? :devilbanana:

Steve

Because it is easier and cheaper to hand Ferdinand the Bull a Playbull and a test tube than it is to haul all those heavy heifers over to him.  Not to mention how tired he'd be.  Oh..and the heifers think he's a boor so they always have headaches.

Welcome!  I think I've seen you around on some other forum..... :)
Rick

Offline Highlandsfreedom

• House Bee
    • Organic gardening and Bee Services.
« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2009, 05:29:39 pm »
Welcom and looks like you will be fun.....
To bee or not to bee that is the question I wake up to answer that every morning...

Offline cow pollinater

• House Bee
« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2009, 08:15:32 pm »
Welcome to Beemaster.

Steve

Well, I breed about one hundred and twenty head a day on average... It would take around sixty bulls to replace me... And that's just a whole lot more BULL than anyone wants to put up with. ;)
Short answer, the cost is break even but the dairyman gets the benefit of acurate breeding records and top notch genetics and I get to fund my beekeeping habit.

Thanks all for the warm welcome... I'm going to remind you all how freindly you were when you're desperatly trying to get rid of me.

Offline cow pollinater

• House Bee
« Reply #7 on: November 02, 2009, 08:17:17 pm »
Welcom and looks like you will be fun.....

Chuckle... If it wasn't for a good sense of humor, I wouldn't have any good sense at all. :-D

Offline Sparky

• Field Bee
« Reply #8 on: November 03, 2009, 12:09:09 am »
SHHOOO!! that's a real days work. Well, I breed about one hundred and twenty head a day on average... It would take around sixty bulls to replace me I bet
I bet you are sore when the day is over. Can you keep your boots on?  :-D :evil:

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #9 on: November 03, 2009, 10:32:58 am »
Cow pollinator, welcome to our forum, so great you found us.  We love new members, stick around, you will have many tales, stories and experiences to tell, we love to listen.  Yes, you will find that there are many on our forum that have a rather unique sense of humour too, smiling, as in the quote below.  Have that wonderful and awesome day, with health.  Cindi

SHHOOO!! that's a real days work. Well, I breed about one hundred and twenty head a day on average... It would take around sixty bulls to replace me I bet
I bet you are sore when the day is over. Can you keep your boots on?  :-D :evil:
There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service

Offline iddee

• Universal Bee
« Reply #10 on: November 03, 2009, 05:49:00 pm »
Glad to see you made the trip, CP. I'm sure you will recognize many names that made the trip prior to you.
"Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me . . . Anything can happen, child. Anything can be"

*Shel Silverstein*