Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Natural Way to Stop the Itching  (Read 3860 times)

Offline dennis2021

• House Bee
    • Orlando Bee Removal Expert
Natural Way to Stop the Itching
« on: September 13, 2010, 02:38:57 pm »
Figured this would be the best place to post this since this is the natural area.

If you itch after being stung, I have found that heat will stop the itching. Long story....Short version is....poison sumac and a natural website saved me from a trip to the physc ward.....

So here's the deal-
The poison makes your body react by sending histamine to the area, which is what causes the itch. The heat destroys the histamine for about 4 to 5 hours for most people.

Now, when I say heat, I don't mean a little hot, I mean as hot as you can take it. I started in the sink with the faucet, but found a hair dryer to work as good or better. Apply heat for 1-2 minutes on each sting and walla. You  can even scratch it and it won't start itching again.

One of the cool side effects is that while your applying the heat it feels like a thousand needles lightly scratching it....aaaahhhhhhh

Tell me what you think, have you ever tried this or heard of this. Does it work for you?

This works for me on mosquitoes, bees, wasps, poison sumac, etc......any itching
Have a sweet day,
Dennis the Bee Guy

Offline kbenz

• House Bee
Re: Natural Way to Stop the Itching
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2010, 10:11:04 pm »
hot water works for me also. hot as i can take it. never tried the hair dryer

Offline dennis2021

• House Bee
    • Orlando Bee Removal Expert
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2010, 10:22:44 am »
I found the hair dryer to be easier on certain areas that are hard to reach with the faucet. But that was when I had poison sumac, which was all over me! Try putting you leg in the sink. lol
Have a sweet day,
Dennis the Bee Guy

Offline AllenF

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2010, 11:41:06 am »
I just like to scratch at it.  It makes me feel good.   :)

Offline donteatthebees

• New Bee
« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2010, 05:07:40 pm »
I've used the hair dryer on poison ivy before, and it's nirvana. The heat "scratches" the itch w/o the physical scratching.