Welcome, Guest

Poll

How Many Hive Colonies Do You Have/Manage/Manipulate Right Now?

1 to 50
44 (88%)
50 to 100
4 (8%)
100 to 250
2 (4%)
250 to 500
0 (0%)
500 to 1000
0 (0%)
1000 to 5000
0 (0%)
5000 to more!
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Author Topic: How Many Hive Colonies Do You Have/Manage Right Now?  (Read 4470 times)

Offline BeeDog

• House Bee
How Many Hive Colonies Do You Have/Manage Right Now?
« on: December 27, 2013, 07:11:29 am »
Just A Poll Survey.  :-D
It is highly recommend that split be done with only strong healthy hives that have at least two Brood Chambers with Brood in all stages of development. Frames with capped Brood should be split evenly between the two hives.

Offline edward

• Queen Bee
Re: How Many Hive Colonies Do You Have/Manage Right Now?
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2013, 07:26:02 am »
Most of your poll will go un answered, as half of it is over 500hives, you would do better if the variations concentrated more on the area 2 - 200

Moots

« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2013, 07:32:01 am »
Beedog,
WOW! I JUST made the cut, sitting at 10 hives currently!  :)

What's with no love for the 1 to 9 hive folks?  I'm thinking there are a fair number of them here.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2013, 10:15:58 am by Moots »

Offline buzzbee

• Ken
  • Global Moderator
  • Galactic Bee
    • N Central Pa Beekeepers Facebook Page
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2013, 08:05:14 am »
Beedog,
WOW! I JUST made the cut, sitting at 10 hives curretnly!  :)

What's with no love for the 1 to 9 hive folks?  I'm thinking there are a fair number of them here.

I bet the number is higher than you might imagine.

Offline BeeDog

• House Bee
« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2013, 02:22:17 pm »
This poll includes how many hives/colonies you manipulate or manage? If you are a hired beekeeper how many are under your supervision.   :bee:
It is highly recommend that split be done with only strong healthy hives that have at least two Brood Chambers with Brood in all stages of development. Frames with capped Brood should be split evenly between the two hives.

Offline Vance G

• Queen Bee
« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2013, 11:00:36 pm »
You don't ask a farmer how many acres his place is, a cowboy how many head of cattle and apparently beekeepers are leery of this question too.  I am.

Moots

« Reply #6 on: December 31, 2013, 11:15:14 pm »
You don't ask a farmer how many acres his place is, a cowboy how many head of cattle and apparently beekeepers are leery of this question too.  I am.

Vance,
No one even knows who participates in the poll, much less what their answer is, what is there to be leery of?  :?

Offline GSF

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #7 on: January 01, 2014, 06:57:15 am »
Moots <No one even knows who participates in the poll, much less what their answer is, what is there to be leery of?  huh>

The TSA, USDA, DHS, ABC, FBI, NBC, CBS, ATF,  :-D
When the law no longer protects you from the corrupt, but protects the corrupt from you - then you know your nation is doomed.

Offline 10framer

• Super Bee
« Reply #8 on: January 01, 2014, 07:45:11 am »
don't forget the nsa gary

Moots

« Reply #9 on: January 01, 2014, 10:40:56 am »
Sorry guys, I was going under the assumption that most on here already believe that the government has satellite images of our hives as well as possibly audio and video of our hive inspections via our smart phones...All tucked away in their Beekeeper database.   :-D

But hey, maybe instead they've simply subscribed to this thread, or worse yet, planted BeeDog as a mole into this forum to extract this "sensitive" information from us.  :laugh:

Offline 10framer

• Super Bee
« Reply #10 on: January 02, 2014, 08:12:56 am »
i'm sure they have drones flying in and out of all our hives to infect them with ccd.

Offline BeeDog

• House Bee
« Reply #11 on: January 03, 2014, 02:49:57 pm »
Sorry guys, I was going under the assumption that most on here already believe that the government has satellite images of our hives as well as possibly audio and video of our hive inspections via our smart phones...All tucked away in their Beekeeper database.   :-D

But hey, maybe instead they've simply subscribed to this thread, or worse yet, planted BeeDog as a mole into this forum to extract this "sensitive" information from us.  :laugh:
:bee: hey I am not a mole! I am just a simple newbee keeper  :mrgreen: :bee:

Offline buzzbee

• Ken
  • Global Moderator
  • Galactic Bee
    • N Central Pa Beekeepers Facebook Page
« Reply #12 on: January 04, 2014, 07:21:50 am »
BeeDog,
That comment was in fun. Take it with a grain of salt. These comments are a carry over from conversations in the Coffee House part of the forum. Which should be left there unless it's relevant to this post.
that is why we created the Coffee House.

Offline T Beek

• Super Bee
« Reply #13 on: January 04, 2014, 07:56:04 am »
5 full colonies and 3 NUCs alive with bees and plenty of stores as of yesterday.  Did my inspections with a stethoscope.  The next 3 nights of sub-zero temps will be sleepless indeed.  A warm up (above 30?) is in next weeks forecast.

BeeDog;  Some of the comments made might require a "block" of salt instead of a grain  :-D  Keeping that in mind will keep your head from hurting too much  :)

(I have some family members that left the Philippines over 60 years ago for Hawaii and the US Mainland, Welcome to Beemaster cousin!!)
"Trust those who seek the truth, doubt those who say they've found it."

Moots

« Reply #14 on: January 04, 2014, 08:48:00 am »

:bee: hey I am not a mole! I am just a simple newbee keeper  :mrgreen: :bee:

Beedog,

OBVIOUSLY, neither I, nor anyone else on this forum, thinks you're a mole.  :laugh:

I thought my use of the laughing and grinning emoticons made it more that clear to everyone, including you,   that I was simply emphasizing how absurd and ridiculous I felt som peoples reluctance to participate in your poll struct me.  
I thought your use of emoticons above signaled that you fully "got that" and were playing along with the fun in which it was intended....

If I misread that, and you thought that I was in the least bit serious in any way...you have my sincere apology!

buzzbee's and TBeek's advice of taking some comments with a grain, or  even a block of salt is good solid advice.  While as buzzbee explained, certain conversations are reserved for the "coffee house" I think it's probably impossible to keep them totally quarantined there without a certain amount of seepage bleeding into other areas and conversations on the forum.  Therefore, many comments made throughout the entire forum are often made tongue-in-cheek and simply in good fun.  :)

Offline BeeDog

• House Bee
« Reply #15 on: January 04, 2014, 10:20:00 am »

:bee: hey I am not a mole! I am just a simple newbee keeper  :mrgreen: :bee:

Beedog,

OBVIOUSLY, neither I, nor anyone else on this forum, thinks you're a mole.  :laugh:

I thought my use of the laughing and grinning emoticons made it more that clear to everyone, including you,   that I was simply emphasizing how absurd and ridiculous I felt som peoples reluctance to participate in your poll struct me. 
I thought your use of emoticons above signaled that you fully "got that" and were playing along with the fun in which it was intended....

If I misread that, and you thought that I was in the least bit serious in any way...you have my sincere apology!

buzzbee's and TBeek's advice of taking some comments with a grain, or  even a block of salt is good solid advice.  While as buzzbee explained, certain conversations are reserved for the "coffee house" I think it's probably impossible to keep them totally quarantined there without a certain amount of seepage bleeding into other areas and conversations on the forum.  Therefore, many comments made throughout the entire forum are often made tongue-in-cheek and simply in good fun.  :)

Apology accepted! LOL  :-D I really never did take it seriously anyway, because saying that I am a mole is obviously just a joke. I really enjoy this forum because I learn a lot information and have fun too at the same time.

Offline Brother Dave

• House Bee
    • West Island Wild Flower
« Reply #16 on: January 04, 2014, 02:09:52 pm »
I have three  hives and want to keep it that way for the near future.

Offline Variable

• House Bee
    • Two Little Ladies Apiary Hive Data
« Reply #17 on: January 06, 2014, 11:15:59 pm »
I feel so left out...  :'( :'( :'( :'(

How about us new-bees who do not have a hive yet?

My answer is zero  :(

Soon!

;)
I want to beelieve.
WA Apiary ID WA14-077
8 medium hives. 5 Langstroth, 3 Nuc
See hive data at
http://twolittleladiesapiary.com/cms/node/6
https://www.facebook.com/twolittleladiesapiary

Moots

« Reply #18 on: January 06, 2014, 11:31:23 pm »
Variable,
LOL!  I think it's edward that's running a poll with more modest number choices...At the encouragement from some of us, he actually added zero as a poll choice to accommodate the aspiring Beeks!

You'll be there soon enough and loving every minute.  It's crazy, it some ways I think I'm just as excited, headed into my second year as my first.