Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Greetings from Pa.  (Read 4394 times)

Offline buddy93

• New Bee
Greetings from Pa.
« on: April 27, 2008, 11:32:20 am »
Hello evrybody I am just getting started I have not even received my bees yet. I am getting buckfast bees from a local beekeeper who has been in the business for over 50 years. I am excited about my new hobbie. I do not see to many from Pa.

Offline buzzbee

• Ken
  • Global Moderator
  • Galactic Bee
    • N Central Pa Beekeepers Facebook Page
Re: Greetings from Pa.
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2008, 12:13:20 pm »
Hi Buddy,
I am from central PA,We also have Bassman,Powernapper,Greg Peck,Alices Garden

Here is the list:
   tim: Pt. Pleasant, PA
   Mashaada: Pennsylvania, USA
   Beekeeper Bill: Downingtown, PA
   sap: Lewisberry, PA
   Andy: Cochranville, PA
   Yvonne: Fort Hill, Pennsylvania
   Boz: West Chester, PA
   timpa: Bucks county PA
   Pappy: Pennsylvania
   don and emmy: Paoli, PA
   PA Pete: Southeast PA
   bassman1977: Pennsylvania
   Dale: Drums,PA
   RAPfrosty: PA
   ghoul469: Pennsylvania
   dave buchanan: fairchance pa
   davew26: Pennsylvania
   beetriz: Philadelphia, PA  USA
   buzzbee: central pa
   lindsacl: Chester County PA
   melliphile: Scranton, Pa.
   sarah d: Central Pennsylvania
   Bee Creek: Pittsburgh, PA
   paulybee: White Haven, Pennsylvania
   buzzbeejr: central pa,USA
   Alices Garden: Central PA
   Greg Peck: Harrisburg Pa
   creekside: Beavertown,PA
   mabuzzbee: N central PA
   willylock: Somerset, pa
   joekurm: South East Pennsylvania
   bhough: pittsburgh, pa
   SystemShark: Western ,PA
   taxiron: Western PA
   jmsk: Waynesboro, PA
   ImLovinAllBees: Southwestern Pennsylvania
   and180: Harrisburg,PA
   Jeffzhear: Northern PA and Central Southern NY
   jester7891: New Jersey/Pennsylvania border
   achunter: Near Harrisburg, Pa
   pauvil: Bangor, PA
   talkingamoeba: McKean County, PA, USA
   Rachel: Montgomery County, PA

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2008, 12:16:17 am »
Buddy93, welcome to our forum, so glad that you found us.  Your excitement that you feel now about getting your bees is nothing compared to what it will be like when you really get them, and learn to love them, you will be captive under their spell, we all are.  You will have lots of questions, and anytime that you need one answered, call on your new forum friends, we will all be here to help you out as much or as little as your heart desires.  Welcome, have that beautiful and most wonderful day, Cindi
There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service

Offline buddy93

• New Bee
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2008, 08:34:44 pm »
Thanks for the greeting
Wow I stand corrected about (not many From Pa) It sure is good to see so many. I  live in Jefferson Co.with my wife 2 dogs ,1 cat, two rabbits and 5 year old little girl oh and two older kids 1 in her senior year in college( at Temple) and  a son one year out of college in Pitts.and soon 30000 new pets.

Offline bassman1977

• "King Bee"
  • Super Bee
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2008, 08:49:36 pm »
Hey buddy. Welcome.  It's always good to see PA people in here.  I didn't realize the list was so long.  Geesh.
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(''')_(''')

Offline HAB

• HEAVENLY BEEKEEPER
  • Field Bee
« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2008, 10:14:25 am »
Glad you found the site, your gonna love it here! :)
Best Forum on the Planet.

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2008, 10:25:10 am »
HAB, you're gonna get the title, "welcoming committee president assistant", hee, hee, you are doing a great job of welcoming our new forum friends too, yeah!!!  Just teasing ya!!!  Beautiful day in this beautiful and most wonderful life, love life. Cindi
There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service

Offline HAB

• HEAVENLY BEEKEEPER
  • Field Bee
« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2008, 10:35:50 am »
Had a few minutes and thought I'd try to catch up.  I just love this place. :)

Offline indypartridge

• Queen Bee
« Reply #8 on: April 30, 2008, 12:39:44 pm »
Thanks for the greeting
Wow I stand corrected about (not many From Pa) It sure is good to see so many. I  live in Jefferson Co.with my wife 2 dogs ,1 cat, two rabbits and 5 year old little girl oh and two older kids 1 in her senior year in college( at Temple) and  a son one year out of college in Pitts.and soon 30000 new pets.
Hello and Welcome!

First, please update your profile to include your location. We probably won't remember you're from PA once you start posting questions, and since much of beekeeping is "location-specific", if your location is visible we'll be able to provide better answers.

Second, are you connected with a beekeeping club? Many local groups offer beginning beekeeping classes, and they are great places to find mentors and nearby beeks who can help familiarize you with how to keep bees in your area. It looks like there might be some clubs in neighboring counties:
http://www.pastatebeekeepers.org/Reports/Map/2007%20Contacts%20and%20Inspectors.html

Third, I use the forum 'search' function a lot. Very often I find that my question has been asked previously, and I can get an immediate answer. Very helpful.

Offline buddy93

• New Bee
« Reply #9 on: April 30, 2008, 10:34:36 pm »
Thanks for the info Indypartridge. Yes I joined the local bee club 2Cs and a Bee  I found the first meeting interesting .