Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Fun with the patio sleepover  (Read 2484 times)

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
Fun with the patio sleepover
« on: July 30, 2007, 12:44:24 pm »
Every summer we have a sleepover on our porch, several times, and it is so much fun.  We bring out the TV, foams for sleeping on, blankets, pillows, lots of chips and pop and watch movies.  Quite a little bunch of kids.

Last week we did this for the first time of this summer.  My 2 grandsons, 3 of my nephews and their little 5 year old sister all did the sleepover.   The little sister only lasted til about 10:30 and got a little homesick, so she went back to her own house to sleep.  Still a little too young for being away from the comfort of her own bed and Mummy and Daddy.

It is hard to picture everyone sleeping on the porch, but we pulled it off.  I woke up with a stiff back and so did my husband, guess next time we'll just sleep inside and let the kids have the whole porch to themselves.  Once it is sleeptime, ya gotta have comfort.

Sleepy little boys.  There are five kids in the picture, the youngest grandson is all curled up under his blanket, not even visible, but he is there.  What fun the summertime brings!!!  Enjoy this picture.  Have a wonderful day, love the life you're livin'.  Cindi

There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service

Offline buzzbee

• Ken
  • Global Moderator
  • Galactic Bee
    • N Central Pa Beekeepers Facebook Page
Re: Fun with the patio sleepover
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2007, 07:20:23 pm »
Cindi,
Reminds me of days long ago in our neighborhood growing up!!Thanks for the reminder! :)
Great idea for the kids

Offline TwT

• Senior Forum
  • Galactic Bee
  • Ted
Re: Fun with the patio sleepover
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2007, 07:42:22 pm »
Cindi,
Reminds me of days long ago in our neighborhood growing up!!Thanks for the reminder! :)
Great idea for the kids

REALLY LONG AGO!!!!!!!  BACK WHEN THEY HAD A GUARD WATCHING FOR DINOSAURS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
THAT's ME TO THE LEFT JUST 5 MONTHS FROM NOW!!!!!!!!

Never be afraid to try something new.
Amateurs built the ark,
Professionals built the Titanic