Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Voice of the Hive  (Read 3255 times)

Offline xC0000005

• New Bee
    • Voice of the Hive - Beekeeping and Honeybees
Voice of the Hive
« on: February 05, 2008, 02:51:47 am »
For what it's worth, if you have family who are interested in bees but not on a level that most beekeepers are then chances are they'll like Voice of the Hive.  Most of these started out as stories I told to my kids over dinner to explain what was going on with the bees.  As beekeepers, chances are you'll spot five things you disagree with in the first few minutes, and ten by the time you hit the second page.  Read for enjoyment.  If Bee Movie can have drones that sting and Barnyard can have bulls with udders, I'm allowed a few mistakes. :)  The later stories are aimed more at the beekeeper, less at the bee-admire-er. 

Edit - I should point out that the title now sounds very pretentious to me, but at the time I chose it it was from a response to my daughter, who said she just didn't understand what the queen cells were telling her.  Sounds sort of silly at times now, but I doubt I'll change it. :)
"Tell me again why you want to put a box with thousands of angry, stinging insects in our backyard?" - my wife.

http://www.voiceofthehive.com

Offline poka-bee

• Super Bee
  • I am NEVER bored!!
    • Darby Farms
Re: Voice of the Hive
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2008, 12:29:07 pm »
I just finished reading all of the stories.  LOVED them, gave me a better understanding of the workings, society of the bees.  Also was greatly amused by the humor, how kids are with things..& your account of the bike-extractor!
Jody
I'm covered in Beeesssss!  Eddie Izzard

Offline Understudy

• Galactic Bee
    • http://www.understudy.net
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2008, 04:22:51 pm »
It is not pretentious.

It is also an excellent site.

Sincerely,
Brendhan

The status is not quo. The world is a mess and I just need to rule it. Dr. Horrible

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2008, 06:07:39 pm »
xC0000005.  Leave the title alone, that is what makes your site special, it is what you thought up and it is yours to hold in the palm of your hand.  I am going to visit this site, it is on my reading list, so what if you think it is not 100% correct, that is 100% OK with me, and I am sure so many others.  The fact that you took time to create this, is a wonderful and greatest of things, yea!!!  Takin' my hat off to ya.  Have an awesome and beautiful day, Cindi
There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service

anything