Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Couple Hives  (Read 2292 times)

Offline sc-bee

• Super Bee
Couple Hives
« on: August 24, 2008, 05:26:00 pm »
A pic of a couple of my hives. The one @ the left has already had six or seven supers remove --- the one on the right didn't fair as well (Queen issue). One on the left started as a deep and two shallow. I used Walt's Wrights principles of Nectar Management on both hives. The picture is after the first harvest so I have several more I could and should take (worried about shb). This is a very good harvest for my area which has about a 40-50lb average. These two produced this good also last year. A friend suppose to help me get it of next week if weather permits (I'm still on crutches --- leg surgery :()

The kid is a kid from church that kept asking his parents about bees so I carried him to the yard July 8 the day before surgery. He was a trooper but he's a little quite.

Had to warn him about touching the smoker.

Can't get any fresher -- I guess :-D!

John 3:16

Offline Irwin

• Super Bee
  • howdy all
Re: Couple Hives
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2008, 06:59:30 pm »
To cool looks like you may have a good helper.
Fight organized crime!  Re-elect no one.

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
Re: Couple Hives
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2008, 11:24:39 am »
Sc-bees.  Very nice picture of that young man, isn't it cool that he has taken an interest, up and coming beekeeper, thank you for taking us into this part of your world.  Have the best of a wonderful and a great day. Cindi
There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service

anything