Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: clarifier  (Read 4503 times)

Offline danno

• Super Bee
clarifier
« on: August 22, 2012, 01:59:27 pm »
Just picked up a large maxant water jacketed clarifier for 100.00   Not sure how many gallon it is but guessing maybe 50

Offline Larry Bees

• Field Bee
Re: clarifier
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2012, 02:45:47 pm »
Are you asking a question or just telling us?

Could you please clarify.  :-D

Offline danno

• Super Bee
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2012, 03:21:15 pm »
Are you asking a question or just telling us?

Could you please clarify.  :-D
I'm doing neither Larry!   I'm bragging

Offline hardwood

• Galactic Bee
  • Alysian Apiaries youtube.com/MrBeedude
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2012, 03:35:56 pm »
Sweet deal! I,ve got a 40gal from W. Kelly.

Scott
"In the first place, we should insist that if the immigrant who comes here in good faith becomes an American and assimilates himself to us, he shall be treated on an exact equality with everyone else, for it is an outrage to discriminate against any such man because of creed, or birthplace, or origin. But this is predicated upon the person's becoming in every facet an American, and nothing but an American...There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag...We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language...And we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people."

Theodore Roosevelt 1907

Offline danno

• Super Bee
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2012, 03:47:21 pm »

Scott
Thanks Scott
I have been useing a 25 gal from dadant that I out grew a long time ago.  It still pulls enough junk out so my pump doesn't plug up but alot makes it through to my tanks.   I'm about 2/3 done pulling this year so I wont bother switching over but really look forward to using it next year

Offline AllenF

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2012, 08:36:38 pm »
And where are the pics?    Video of it in use?   

Offline Cupcakus

• New Bee
« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2012, 08:38:11 pm »
Newbee question... What's a clarifier for? How does it work?

Offline danno

• Super Bee
« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2012, 09:02:27 am »
Newbee question... What's a clarifier for? How does it work?
A clarifier is a retangle  tank that has several weirs or dams crossing through it.   Some dont go all the way to the bottom so the warmed honey has to flow under them.  Some go to the bottom but are short so the honey flows over them  The wax and debris floats so by the time it makes it to the far end of the tank most is left behind to scoop out.  The tanks are water jacketed so the honey is also about 90 - 100deg by the time it gets to the pump end.  Warm honey is far easier on the pumps

Offline danno

• Super Bee
« Reply #8 on: August 23, 2012, 09:09:06 am »

Scott
Thanks Scott
I have been useing a 25 gal from dadant that I out grew a long time ago.  It still pulls enough junk out so my pump doesn't plug up but alot makes it through to my tanks.   I'm about 2/3 done pulling this year so I wont bother switching over but really look forward to using it next year
I was taking measurements of the new tank last night.  It is a 65 gallon.   Also measured the old one and its a 40 gallon and isn't a dadant but a kelly.   Scott does your have the big round float pump starter?   My new tank doesn't have a pump float so I will have to build one.  Not big deal

Offline hardwood

• Galactic Bee
  • Alysian Apiaries youtube.com/MrBeedude
« Reply #9 on: August 23, 2012, 10:22:15 am »
I got mine from an old beek who had quit the bees 25 yrs ago. It came as tank only...no pump switch. I just bought a $20 float switch from a septic tank supplier.

Scott
"In the first place, we should insist that if the immigrant who comes here in good faith becomes an American and assimilates himself to us, he shall be treated on an exact equality with everyone else, for it is an outrage to discriminate against any such man because of creed, or birthplace, or origin. But this is predicated upon the person's becoming in every facet an American, and nothing but an American...There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag...We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language...And we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people."

Theodore Roosevelt 1907

Offline Satch

• House Bee
  • Grandpa and Brandon in the hives
« Reply #10 on: August 23, 2012, 10:49:35 am »
I got mine from an old beek who had quit the bees 25 yrs ago. It came as tank only...no pump switch. I just bought a $20 float switch from a septic tank supplier.

Scott

Hopefully it wasn't used ;)