Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: The Night of Magicians kings  (Read 3758 times)

Offline abejaruco

• Field Bee
The Night of Magicians kings
« on: January 06, 2007, 04:06:39 am »
Papa Noel doesn´t come to Spain oficially, in Spanish tradition Los Reyes Magos come to praise to the child Jesus, offering their presents. Yesterday was a magic night for children and no so children in my village.

The King Melchor.

Tha pajes (royal servants)

La Guardia Real

Baltasar, The "Rey Negro", the tinged king

And Gaspar

Offline beemaster

• Site Founder
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Bee
  • It is my pleasure to bring the forums to you.
    • http://www.beemaster.com
Re: The Night of Magicians kings
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2007, 08:24:16 am »
Fantastic:

As a bit of a photographer myself, I'm especially wondered by night time photos - these are charmers and brilliant in colors. I really love the ones with many people in the back grounds, it shows culture experiencing tradition and wonder. Thank you for these, all your photos are magical.
NJBeemaster my YOUTUBE Video Collection

Please enjoy the forum, and if it has helped you in any way, we hope that a small donation can be made to support our FULLY member supported forum. You will never see advertisements here, and that is because of the generous members who have made our forum possible. We are in our second decade as a beekeeping forum and all thanks to member support. At the top right of every page is a donations link. Please help if you can.

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2007, 10:33:22 am »
Very impressive pictures taken.  I have to agree with John.  The night pics are simply different, and have an allure that bring our eyes to look deep.  Great day.  Cindi
There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service

Offline mick

• Queen Bee
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2007, 09:30:48 pm »
Great pics Abe, love those colourful festivals. I went to the Barcelona Olympics and those pics remind me of those colourful times

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2007, 11:08:59 am »
Many years ago, my son-in-law won a trip to the Barcelona Olympics, he had a wonderful time.  Great day.  Cindi
There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service

Online Kathyp

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2007, 01:15:23 pm »
those are great.  is this a country wide celebration, or a more rural custom?
Someone really ought to tell them that the world of Ayn Rand?s novel was not meant to be aspirational.

Offline austin

• New Bee
« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2007, 05:39:32 pm »
wow those are some great photos abejaruco.  I wish I could've been one of the children there!!! . :)

Offline abejaruco

• Field Bee
« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2007, 03:58:04 pm »
It is a country wide celebration. The Magicians kings are fighting the center of attention with Santa Claus during the Christmas. But being a Biblic figure, Melchor, Gaspar and Baltasar brought gold, incense and myrrh to the child Jesus, probably are indestructible. 8-)

Offline abejaruco

• Field Bee
« Reply #8 on: January 09, 2007, 04:12:57 pm »
By the way, I have not gone to Barcelone. I used to travelling to the Alps in France during summer, following the Hannibal´s route, Hannibal, "el de los elephants", but Barcelone, as Rome with the Lacoonte, will have to wait for... a time.

Offline Kirk-o

• Queen Bee
« Reply #9 on: January 12, 2007, 11:10:37 pm »
wonderful pictures
kirko
"It's not about Honey it's not about Money It's about SURVIVAL" Charles Martin Simmon