Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Titebond wood glue at Masters  (Read 4257 times)

Offline prestonpaul

• House Bee
Titebond wood glue at Masters
« on: February 07, 2013, 11:20:46 pm »
The title says it all really, Masters hardware are stocking the Titebond wood glue range (Titebond I, II & III) that our US brethren rave about for assembling woodenware. The prices seem reasonable too, comparable to the Aqhadhere exterior that I have been using.
I have no affiliation with Masters and do not work for them, just wanted to let the locals know that the product is available.  :-D
Paul.

Offline kanga

• House Bee
Re: Titebond wood glue at Masters
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2013, 12:20:16 am »
Paul

Thankyou for that I have been reading all about Titebond wood glue that our fellow US beekeepers recommend and was wondering how it compared to the exterior Aquadhere that we use.

Now I know where you can get it Down Under I will have to give it a try.

Kevin

Offline prestonpaul

• House Bee
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2013, 12:52:32 am »
No Probs.  :-D I had to do a double take when I saw it as I nave only seen it once before at a beekeeping suppliers and it was quite expensive,

Offline Lone

• Queen Bee
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2013, 02:18:58 am »
Carbatec stock it also.

Does it have any benefits over alternatives, those who have used it?

Lone

Offline Vance G

• Queen Bee
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2013, 11:51:24 am »
The titebond III is waterproof and very strong once dry.  People who build bows for archery really rave about TBIII.

Online BeeMaster2

• Administrator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2013, 01:07:53 pm »
I have been using it for years. It is stronger than the wood when applied flat grain to flat grain. does not work well on end grain to end or flat but it is real strong on end grain cut on a 45 degree angle. I built shadow boxes for years with out any failures. I use it for all of my frames and supers.
Jim
P.S. if the shelf life date has passed, don't throw it away. My gallon jug expired several years ago and it is still stronger than the wood. When it fails, the wood has splintered, it was not the joint.
Don't let it freeze.
Democracy is 2 wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote.
Ben Franklin

Offline ShaneJ

• Field Bee
« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2013, 07:16:54 pm »
I started off using Titebond III but then realised I didn't need the water resistance it provided so I now use Titebond II and save the extra $.
Shane

Offline max2

• Queen Bee
« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2013, 01:50:18 am »
I think Titebond III is good insurance ( it costs about $ 20 here) in case of any moisture. I find it great stuff for the money

Moots

« Reply #8 on: February 17, 2013, 07:52:33 am »
I use Titebond III also, I have no idea if Titebond II would be equally as affective or not.  However, I think of III as added insurance and piece of mind. It's always my preference to want to over engineer the situation, maybe not necessary, but better than the alternative.  :)

Considering the volume I need, and the reasons for my becoming a Beek, the cost difference really isn't an issue for me.  I can appreciate that if someone was large scale and profit was their primary motive, the cost difference would be an issue certainly worth taking a very close look.

anything