Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: this gave me a warm fuzzy  (Read 1657 times)

Offline danno

• Super Bee
this gave me a warm fuzzy
« on: April 07, 2008, 02:48:18 pm »
One day years ago when I desided to take up falonry, I needed to study for the federal exam.  It was a warm, sunny day and the kids were to loud so I grabbed a lawn chair, my study books and went way back in my field to read in quiet.  As I was enjoying the day, not the reading material a young redtail hawk flew in and landed in the top of a  tree about 30 yards from me.  He sat there for the best part of a hour.  It was amasing and I took it as a omen.  Now I've desided on bee's and Saturday was our first nice day of spring.  It got to 60 with no wind.  I was assembling frames with wax foudation and sticking them in a hive body on the tail gate of my truck.  I had done about 15 when i look and saw 1/2 doz bee's on the frames and buzzing around my tail gate.  All I could do is smile!!!

Offline Shawn

• Queen Bee
Re: this gave me a warm fuzzy
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2008, 03:08:50 pm »
I know this is a bee forum but did you stay with the falconry? I was studying for falconary but when it came ttime to test and obtain the permit I backed out. I thought with my job it would be too much work and time.

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2008, 09:54:31 am »
Danno, no wonder you got that warm and fuzzy feeling.....that was a very neat little story, and look you are already attracting bees too, gotta be that law of attraction manifesting itself.  Beauty.  Have a wonderful and great day, we have that life to live.  Cindi
There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service

Offline danno

• Super Bee
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2008, 10:28:57 am »
I should have included that we still have snow and the temps have only touched the mid 40's.  The closes beek is 1 1/2 miles away and next to one of my job sites,  a closed landfill.  He has six hives poorly maintained that all appear to be dead and I think full of mice.  They are sitting about 25 ft from the fence and I haven't gotton any closer.   I think these bee's that liked the smell of my wax are feral from my woodlot 1/4 behind my house. 

Offline Sean Kelly

• Field Bee
  • I Pick; Therefore I Grin
    • Sean's Facebook Page
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2008, 10:33:49 am »
Could be scouts from a swarm?!?!  FREE BEES!!!  WHOOO HOOOO!!!!

Does sound like a good omen though my friend!  This is a great hobby with more rewards than just honey products.  I've discovered more about life and my faith through bees the last couple years than I thought possible.

Sean Kelly
"My son,  eat  thou honey,  because it is good;  and the honeycomb,  which is sweet  to thy taste"          - Proverbs 24:13

anything