Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: The duck in the drugstore .  (Read 5910 times)

Offline Burl

• House Bee
The duck in the drugstore .
« on: September 26, 2007, 01:31:02 am »
  A duck goes into a drugstore , picks up a stick of "chapstick" and puts it on the counter .  Do you know what he then tells the cashier ???
         "  PUT IT ON MY BILL ."
                                              ---Burl---
Of all the things I've ever been called ;
I do like "Dad" the most .   ---Burl---

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
Re: The duck in the drugstore .
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2007, 11:41:48 am »
Burl, oh brother!!!!  Gotta laugh, that was a funny!!!  Have a wonderful and great day, in this great ol' world we live in.  Cindi
There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service

Offline Understudy

• Galactic Bee
    • http://www.understudy.net
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2007, 12:12:15 pm »
Ugh!

I hereby declare this thread a pun free zone.

I thought we had a child board?

:-D :-D :-D :-D :-D
Sincerely,
Brendhan
The status is not quo. The world is a mess and I just need to rule it. Dr. Horrible

Offline Brian D. Bray

• Heavenly Beekeeper
  • Heavenly Beekeeper
  • Galactic Bee
  • I really look like this, just ask Cindi.
    • http://spaces.msn.com/thecoonsden
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2007, 05:07:25 pm »
Well, where else was he suppose to put it?  After all this is a family forum.
Life is a school.  What have you learned?   :brian:      The greatest danger to our society is apathy, vote in every election!

Offline Burl

• House Bee
« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2007, 02:58:44 pm »
Brendhan , my sincere apologies to you and any one else who found this pun grievious .  It was only my true intention to spread a little joy and perhaps cause a smile or two , yes for adults and children alike .  In my line of work there can be times of profound human sadness .  Puns for me are a coping mechanism , one of my tools for dealing with the tragedies I encounter . 
  How would it be if we started a new thread titled PUNS ?   There must be others out there like me who enjoy this form of humor via wordplay .  That way if you do not enjoy puns you need not enter that thread , and if you do you may participate .  Opinions pease ?             ---Burl---

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2007, 12:00:53 am »
Burl, if anyone has an objection to "puns", well, puns on them, hee, hee.

Humour is one of the most wonderful gifts that we can impart to others.  Laughing and smiling raises our serotonin levels, puns, jokes, visual stimuli, anything that can bring a smile to our face, and that heart felt roaring that emits from our mouth when we are really laughing is wonderful. 

Bring on the puns, jokes, anything to make this world a place where we can grin a little, (even grin and bear it too), hee hee.

I don't actually get it, aren't puns pretty much the same as jokes?  Have a wonderful and beautiful day in our life, keep laughing and smiling, enjoy our life we live. Cindi
There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service

Offline qa33010

• Field Bee
« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2007, 02:09:05 am »
    I know I'm going to do this wrong...  But this remonds me of the book Calahan's Crosstime Bar and Saloon, with pun night.  I'm not sure, but I believe Spider Robinson wrote it. :-D
Everyone said it couldn't be done. But he with a chuckle replied, "I won't be one to say it is so, until I give it a try."  So he buckled right in with a trace of a grin.  If he had a worry he hid it and he started to sing as he tackled that thing that couldn't be done, and he did it.  (unknown)

Offline Burl

• House Bee
« Reply #7 on: October 29, 2007, 12:55:00 pm »
Hi , Help me out there , if someone would please .   I would like to introduce a new subject titled PUNs and SPOONERISMs.  I can't seem to remember how to start a new subject .  So would someone who is interested please get the ball rolling.                    Thanks    ---Burl---

Offline pdmattox

• Queen Bee
    • October bend Rv Park
« Reply #8 on: October 29, 2007, 03:59:01 pm »
Hi , Help me out there , if someone would please .   I would like to introduce a new subject titled PUNs and SPOONERISMs.  I can't seem to remember how to start a new subject .  So would someone who is interested please get the ball rolling.                    Thanks    ---Burl---

All you need to do is click on the tab on the top right that says start new topic and you are off to a good start. hope this helps.

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #9 on: October 30, 2007, 09:50:02 am »
Dallas, I think that Burl needs a little further clarification.  Listen.

YOu can't start a new topic in a thread.  You have to go to that particular forum, like the one that this is posted in.   "Member and Guest Interaction Section -- Humour is a Funny Thing"

Then......click on the right hand side where it says to "start new topic", then....type in the subject like and click in the text window box what you want to say, and THEN you are off.  Try it Burl, you will get some interesting stuff going on here.  Have a wonderful and great day on our great earth.  Cindi

Offline Jerrymac

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #10 on: October 30, 2007, 12:32:48 pm »
YOu can't start a new topic in a thread.  You have to go to that particular forum, like the one that this is posted in.   "Member and Guest Interaction Section -- Humour is a Funny Thing"

I think he is wanting to start a new forum then called "PUNs and SPOONERISMs"
:rainbowflower:  Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.   :rainbowflower:

:jerry:

My pictures.Type in password;  youview
     http://photobucket.com/albums/v225/Jerry-mac/

Offline Burl

• House Bee
« Reply #11 on: October 30, 2007, 01:48:44 pm »
Hey ,  What a bunch of helpful people !   I think / I hope I got my head on straight now ,  thanks for your help .  Let's just try this as a new subject on the Humor is a Funny Thing page.  So if you like to play with words , then  let's meet at PUNS and Spoonerisms . Or it's like one cow said to the other cow "If we don't see you in the future , we'll see you in the pasture "  and  " If I'd known you were coming I'd a made a pie ."     
                                                                  ---Burl---

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #12 on: October 31, 2007, 10:38:27 am »
Burl --- ahh, ha, ha ha.  I love puns, I think that they are funny.

Jerry, I think that you are right, maybe a pun forum would be fun!!!!  Have a wonderful and punny day!!! Cindi

Offline Brian D. Bray

• Heavenly Beekeeper
  • Heavenly Beekeeper
  • Galactic Bee
  • I really look like this, just ask Cindi.
    • http://spaces.msn.com/thecoonsden
« Reply #13 on: November 01, 2007, 12:13:31 am »
having grown up on a farm I can appreciate a good cow pie, nature's frizbee. Also good for fire fuel when wood's scarce.

One of the most important things I ever learned on a farm concerned cattle:  If it's not one thing, it's an udder--the difference between cows and bulls.
Life is a school.  What have you learned?   :brian:      The greatest danger to our society is apathy, vote in every election!

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #14 on: November 01, 2007, 01:12:41 am »
Brian, ah, ha, ha, ha, ha.  That good ol' life on the farm.  Oh these puns make me wanna laugh, or they make me wanna shout, I like the sprite in you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Have a wonderful day, let's bring on these beautiful words of wisdom, we call "puns"  Cindi