Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Today's cut out.  (Read 3425 times)

Offline iddee

• Universal Bee
Today's cut out.
« on: March 18, 2010, 04:15:43 pm »
Small cluster in an old hunting lodge wall. Nice, easy removal of about 3 hours. Caught the main lady in a hair clip type cage and all is well.

Pics here:  http://s81.photobucket.com/albums/j226/Iddee/removals/Mar182010Removal/

Hey, JP, spring is here, too.  :-D
"Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me . . . Anything can happen, child. Anything can be"

*Shel Silverstein*

Offline specialkayme

• Field Bee
Re: Today's cut out.
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2010, 05:39:54 pm »
Looks good. I didn't think spring was quite here yet, but it's funny how it sneaks up on you.

Let me know if you need help on cut outs this season Wally. I'm always happy to learn.

Offline iddee

• Universal Bee
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2010, 10:25:45 pm »
I added a few more pics.

I'll keep you in mind and try to let you know when I'm doing one.
"Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me . . . Anything can happen, child. Anything can be"

*Shel Silverstein*

Offline JP

• The Swarm King
  • Universal Bee
  • I like doing cut-outs, but I love catching swarms!
    • JPthebeeman.com
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2010, 12:32:21 am »
Hey Wally that one sure looked like a fun one. Nice yellow comb, just the right age. Looks like they were still in late winter mode. Queen hadn't started really laying yet huh?

I did one this evening but am too tired to post pics, will do so tomorrow after I go through and look for the queen.

I believe I vacuumed yet another one!

Wait til you see the pictures. I made certain to leave comb sections in the middle to up the chances of catching her and yet still vacuumed her up, pretty sad huh?  ;)

...JP
My Youtube page is titled JPthebeeman with hundreds of educational & entertaining videos.

My website JPthebeeman.com http://jpthebeeman.com

Offline iddee

• Universal Bee
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2010, 10:43:19 am »
Yes, textbook case.Perfect for the two first timers to learn from. Queen was laying steadily, but the brood explosion hadn't happened yet. Got about 3 good medium frames of brood, some capped.
Bill, the "other" guy on the ladder had never been in a hive before, domestic or feral. After he seen the demeanor of the bees, he went to work with no veil or anything. VERY gentle ladies.

*Shel Silverstein*

Offline JP

• The Swarm King
  • Universal Bee
  • I like doing cut-outs, but I love catching swarms!
    • JPthebeeman.com
« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2010, 06:21:53 pm »
Fantastic, glad y'all all had a real good time on that one. BTW saw the queen in the removal hive I mentioned about 30 minutes ago, big and fat.

Spring is definitely here Wally, caught my first swarm today and just had another call for one in a lady's backyard.

Going now, pics later.

...JP
My Youtube page is titled JPthebeeman with hundreds of educational & entertaining videos.

My website JPthebeeman.com http://jpthebeeman.com

Offline joker1656

• House Bee
« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2010, 08:01:42 pm »
Nice work....

I would like to handle bees without the protective clothing, but I guess I am clumsy or something.  Every time I do, I knock something over or hit my head on something.  Gotta hand it to you, Iddee.  Maybe someday, but for now......

Impressive....
"Fear not the night.  Fear that which walks the night.  I am that which walks the night, BUT only EVIL need fear me..."-Lt. Col. David Grossman

Offline iddee

• Universal Bee
« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2010, 09:29:15 pm »
The main thing is to dress comfortable. Whatever it takes to make you relax and feel at ease with the bees. As time goes by, you will realize the bees relax as you do. They sense your fear and react accordingly. Once you learn to accept them, they will do the same in return.

*Shel Silverstein*

Offline specialkayme

• Field Bee
« Reply #8 on: March 24, 2010, 10:22:49 am »
the bees relax as you do.

Very good piece of advice. I would 100% agree.

Offline G3farms

• Super Bee
« Reply #9 on: April 11, 2010, 05:04:03 pm »
well don't get to comfortable
 :-D :-D
A Tribute To Genius Garth and... he

those hot bees will have you steppin and a fetchin like your heads on fire and your keister is a catchin!!!

Bees will be bees and do as they please!

Offline iddee

• Universal Bee
« Reply #10 on: April 11, 2010, 06:05:36 pm »
There's a difference in being comfortable and being an idiot.

*Shel Silverstein*

Offline AllenF

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #11 on: April 11, 2010, 10:36:13 pm »
Oh, I had forgot about the naked beekeepers!  There is just too much to say about them.

Offline G3farms

• Super Bee
« Reply #12 on: April 11, 2010, 11:19:50 pm »
You will have to admit, it will make you at least grin a little. Those guys aren't right by a long shot, not sure what is in their smoker  :-D :-D
those hot bees will have you steppin and a fetchin like your heads on fire and your keister is a catchin!!!

Bees will be bees and do as they please!

anything