Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Announcement Dates For "Bud5"  (Read 52412 times)

Offline Joe D

• Super Bee
Re: Announcement Dates For "Bud5"
« Reply #140 on: April 08, 2013, 04:52:29 pm »
That there peach snaps makes a pretty good drink, float and have even put it in pie crust.
Still hoping to get there Friday.  Put Mother in Law in hospital last night, think she will get out wendsday maybe.  Catch yuall then

Joe

Offline Geoff

• Heavenly Beekeeper
  • Field Bee
« Reply #141 on: April 08, 2013, 07:37:37 pm »

Have fun y,all
Local Area Network in Australia - the LAN down under.

Offline hardwood

• Galactic Bee
  • Alysian Apiaries youtube.com/MrBeedude
« Reply #142 on: April 08, 2013, 08:28:02 pm »
Gonna miss you Geoff...I imagine Bud's new truck is about due for a cleaning!

Scott
"In the first place, we should insist that if the immigrant who comes here in good faith becomes an American and assimilates himself to us, he shall be treated on an exact equality with everyone else, for it is an outrage to discriminate against any such man because of creed, or birthplace, or origin. But this is predicated upon the person's becoming in every facet an American, and nothing but an American...There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag...We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language...And we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people."

Theodore Roosevelt 1907

Offline Geoff

• Heavenly Beekeeper
  • Field Bee
« Reply #143 on: April 08, 2013, 09:52:47 pm »
  You make sure its done Scott. Better poke up a photo of it too.
Apart from a beefest will surely be a pickup parade as well.
Local Area Network in Australia - the LAN down under.

Offline Yap Yap

• New Bee
« Reply #144 on: April 09, 2013, 12:42:41 am »
Anyone have an idea what the weather is going to be like for this weekend ?
Beekeeping to me is like having a fish tank, without the water,but just as relaxing.

Offline buzzbee

• Ken
  • Global Moderator
  • Galactic Bee
    • N Central Pa Beekeepers Facebook Page
« Reply #145 on: April 09, 2013, 05:51:23 am »
Looks loke a soaker Thursday but beauriful weather for the weekend.

Tue
4/9/2013    81°    61°    

Breezy with clouds and sun
   75°    48°

Wed
4/10/2013    84°    65°    

Times of clouds and sun
   75°    49°

Thu
4/11/2013    72°    45°    

Rain and a thunderstorm
   75°    49°

Fri
4/12/2013    69°    43°    
Partly sunny
   76°    49°

Sat
4/13/2013    71°    49°    

Mostly sunny
   76°    49°

Sun
4/14/2013    80°    63°    
Beautiful with some sun
   76°    50°

Offline Yap Yap

• New Bee
« Reply #146 on: April 09, 2013, 12:59:51 pm »
Can't argue with that Outlook......
Beekeeping to me is like having a fish tank, without the water,but just as relaxing.

Offline bailey

• Field Bee
« Reply #147 on: April 09, 2013, 02:00:18 pm »
Was worried about the weather.  Thanks for the good report!!!
Bailey
most often i find my greatest source of stress to be OPS  ( other peoples stupidity )

It is better to keep ones mouth shut and be thought of as a fool than to open ones mouth and in so doing remove all doubt.

Offline Kathyp

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #148 on: April 09, 2013, 02:25:11 pm »
hope it passes by the time i fly into Atlanta.  looks like it should be ok there by Friday AM.  sure wish i could skip that airport....although it's not the worst....
Someone really ought to tell them that the world of Ayn Rand?s novel was not meant to be aspirational.

Offline PLAN-B

• House Bee
  • When all else fails go to PLAN-BEE
« Reply #149 on: April 09, 2013, 09:13:17 pm »
Was going to join y'all for supper on Friday night, but my wife made the last minute decision to come with me... So I will be there Saturday morning instead...  I think she just wants to see me get stung, but she insist otherwise...(with a sassy smirk) :evil:
Marshall

Moots

« Reply #150 on: April 09, 2013, 11:41:34 pm »
Was going to join y'all for supper on Friday night, but my wife made the last minute decision to come with me... So I will be there Saturday morning instead...  I think she just wants to see me get stung, but she insist otherwise...(with a sassy smirk) :evil:

COOL!  8-)

Look forward to meeting your better half!  :)

Offline hardwood

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #151 on: April 09, 2013, 11:46:17 pm »
Well, Ian backed out on us just tonight (we leave early tomorrow). Sad to say that one of his young friends has been killed in an auto accident and there is a memorial planned for Thur. I'm sad about his friend for sure but also that my buddy won't be enjoying this with us. He loved last years gathering and was really looking forward to seeing everyone again...Especially "Unca Bud".

Scott
"In the first place, we should insist that if the immigrant who comes here in good faith becomes an American and assimilates himself to us, he shall be treated on an exact equality with everyone else, for it is an outrage to discriminate against any such man because of creed, or birthplace, or origin. But this is predicated upon the person's becoming in every facet an American, and nothing but an American...There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag...We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language...And we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people."

Theodore Roosevelt 1907

Offline JP

• The Swarm King
  • Universal Bee
  • I like doing cut-outs, but I love catching swarms!
    • JPthebeeman.com
« Reply #152 on: April 10, 2013, 07:16:06 am »
So sorry about Ian's friend Scott.

We're leaving out early TH morning, dang, that's tomorrow morning! Got lots to do before then!

See y'all soon Big Daddy, make sure you give Schawee somethin ta do, he'll sit around all night into the wee hrs of the morning and get that crusty eye which ain't no good for finding any queens even with his new 3" thick eagle eye glasses!

Ayyyyyeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!

...JP  :-D
My Youtube page is titled JPthebeeman with hundreds of educational & entertaining videos.

My website JPthebeeman.com http://jpthebeeman.com

Offline vmmartin

• House Bee
« Reply #153 on: April 10, 2013, 10:37:45 am »
LET THE JOUSTING BEGIN!

Offline ziffabeek

• House Bee
« Reply #154 on: April 10, 2013, 11:17:01 am »
Oh! I am so sad to not be able to come again this year.  :'(  I tried and tried, but just cannot schedule it. :(  Reading all the posts is making me so sad.  I wish I could warp time and make an additional weekend in April! :( /pout /pout /pout

All you first timers are about to get the most intensive immersive and wonderful education with fun, loving and amazing teachers.  Absorb it all, try everything, say thank you! and by all means make sure you sit and drink coffee and sop up all Alan Buckley has to say of a morning.  He will change the way you think about keeping bees!  The wealth of knowledge from everybody is just astounding.  And the camaraderie is  even better.  Ohhh!  I so wish I could gooo!

If anyone is passing through Atlanta on the way and feels like stopping by to pick up Bud's box, please let me know! I WILL get there next year, but would sure like to return it :).

love to everyone, and JP, take a bite of EVERYTHING for me  :evil:  and hug EVERYBODY from me :-*  and bud twice!

love and missing you ALL,
ziffa

Offline Larry Bees

• Field Bee
« Reply #155 on: April 10, 2013, 12:35:34 pm »
June and I won't be coming this year either. We wanted to see all of the people that we met last year, plus met a bunch of new beeks this year.

In three weeks we are going to the Hatfield and McCoy Trails up in West Virginia. Since we started riding ATVs, we have lost some of our interest in bees. We were going to try and make both trips, but have decided to just do one.

Larry & June   :'(

Offline bud1

• Heavenlyl Beekeeper
  • Heavenly Beekeeper
  • Field Bee
« Reply #156 on: April 10, 2013, 10:55:57 pm »
we shore gona miss miss june, and dang scott tell end that he gona have to make a special trip and get my guns polished, sho sory bout his friend. zipp merry Christmas on the box sho was planning on you bringing it so you could refill it and we get to see swarn shake jig. b just go on and tell us you ant hen pecked like my buddie says he just kinda got hen house ways. Geoff you slacking off gona keep us from being an international meet. and fo jp stoped by the store and bought him the 3 trinities as coon ### say bell pepper celery and onions; corse he gona have to dip them outa a little side dish I made
to bee or not to bee

Offline bailey

• Field Bee
« Reply #157 on: April 11, 2013, 12:07:59 am »
Hey bud.  Coon ass coming from a friend ain't a bad word.
Only when coming from strangers. 
Bailey.
most often i find my greatest source of stress to be OPS  ( other peoples stupidity )

It is better to keep ones mouth shut and be thought of as a fool than to open ones mouth and in so doing remove all doubt.

Offline hardwood

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #158 on: April 11, 2013, 10:11:43 am »
Peg and I are here at Bud's! We got in last night after a 12hr drive. Schawee and Nate were here already and JP and Liz showed up early this am and we woke to find Dallas sleeping in his truck (with his kids) in the front yard. The party has started!

Scott

Theodore Roosevelt 1907

Offline bailey

• Field Bee
« Reply #159 on: April 11, 2013, 10:14:33 am »
I will be there by dark today if not earlier.

anything