Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Hey Guys, absolute total newbie from western Sydney  (Read 3838 times)

Offline Valoren

• Brood
Hey Guys, absolute total newbie from western Sydney
« on: August 29, 2013, 10:42:30 am »
G'day guys and girls, I'm Haydn, I don't have any hives or tools but I'm interested in getting my feet wet, I'm currently living in Mt Druitt and I know there's a beekeeping supply store here and I figured I'd join this forum for advice and support. The hard part is going to be convincing my land owner and girlfriend that this is a legitimate hobby and to do that It'd probably go a lot smother if I can prove I've taken some steps to get involved and learn the process first hand before I go and buy a hive.

If there's anyone in the western Sydney area that wouldn't giving a couple of lessons or getting some first hand experience or that could provide me with some advice for a newbie please drop me a line.

Looking forward to meeting all you forummites!

Live free and live well, or don't live at all.

Offline Charles Sen

• New Bee
Re: Hey Guys, absolute total newbie from western Sydney
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2013, 07:17:20 am »
Probably a bee club will be your best bet. Having said that I just jumped in with some advice from a commercial keepr and have had no issues thus far. You will love it. It is a fascinating hobby!!

Offline tefer2

• Super Bee
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2013, 08:26:34 am »
Welcome to the forum Haydn.

Offline Mackayboi

• New Bee
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2013, 10:30:25 am »
Welcome to the forum!
Helpful advice from happy beeks. (short for bee keepers)

I have been researching the topic of bee keeping for over 3 months now, and still haven't lost interest.

Just about ready to finish assembling the hive and order the live bees.

Offline ozebee

• House Bee
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2013, 03:32:42 am »
Welcome to the forum,

Hornsby Beekeeping Supplies - http://hornsby-beekeeping.com/ now have a store in mt Druitt. Pretty good guys. Also the Parramatta Amateur Beekeepers Assn have a good bunch of people so join up by looking up their web site. Here is a link to the latest newsletter:
http://gallery.mailchimp.com/b067072b4b055e37c4b77c488/files/NewsLetterSep2013.pdf
Enjoy the hobby!!

Offline Oak

• House Bee
« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2013, 04:48:11 am »
Welcome Haydn

Online BeeMaster2

• Administrator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2013, 12:56:49 pm »
Welcome to the forum Haydn.
Jim
Democracy is 2 wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote.
Ben Franklin

Offline Inquorate

• New Bee
  • Beeginner
« Reply #7 on: September 28, 2013, 07:35:51 pm »
G'day guys and girls, I'm Haydn, I don't have any hives or tools but I'm interested in getting my feet wet, I'm currently living in Mt Druitt and I know there's a beekeeping supply store here and I figured I'd join this forum for advice and support. The hard part is going to be convincing my land owner and girlfriend that this is a legitimate hobby and to do that It'd probably go a lot smother if I can prove I've taken some steps to get involved and learn the process first hand before I go and buy a hive.

If there's anyone in the western Sydney area that wouldn't giving a couple of lessons or getting some first hand experience or that could provide me with some advice for a newbie please drop me a line.

Looking forward to meeting all you forummites!

Didi you end up getting those bees?
"People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it." - George Bernard Shaw