Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: The Americans  (Read 3398 times)

Offline beemaster

• Site Founder
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Bee
  • It is my pleasure to bring the forums to you.
    • http://www.beemaster.com
The Americans
« on: April 22, 2013, 04:45:19 pm »
I just started watching this, and I think it is a well done show. It follows a man and woman from Russia in 1982 who are in the US as spies. They live as a couple with two kids and they are well planted in the burbs outside of DC, living the American dream; nice home, family, jobs - meanwhile they both hold a hatred for American, although they have been her for nearly 2 decades.

The husband has a bit of a soft spot for the US, but the wife is a die-hard commie. As the show starts, they are tasked to plant a bug in Casper Weinburger's home office and we see the lengths they are willing to go to do well for their motherland.

There is also a neighbor who is FBI and just came out of DEEP COVER in some sort of sting operation, he is now tracking down a missing spy that has fallen in the hands of his all American like family next door.

It stars the girl who played Felicity way back when, I never cared for her much until this part - she plays the spy part well.

I see there are several episodes, we have seen 2 and will be watching more - I know that this is something that should be right up KathyP's alley and many others here. I think this show has promise and seeing life during the Reagan Administration gives me some insight to the politics I missed as a much younger man.
NJBeemaster my YOUTUBE Video Collection

Please enjoy the forum, and if it has helped you in any way, we hope that a small donation can be made to support our FULLY member supported forum. You will never see advertisements here, and that is because of the generous members who have made our forum possible. We are in our second decade as a beekeeping forum and all thanks to member support. At the top right of every page is a donations link. Please help if you can.

Offline Kathyp

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
Re: The Americans
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2013, 05:07:04 pm »
i watched the 1st couple and then have recorded the rest.  have not had time to watch them yet.  it did seem like my kind of show  ;)
Someone really ought to tell them that the world of Ayn Rand?s novel was not meant to be aspirational.

Offline bwdenen

• House Bee
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2013, 06:32:09 pm »
Great show.  Haven't missed an episode.  A bit too much gratuitous sex for my tastes.  Maybe they'll tone it down after folks start watching, like they with Justified and some others.

Offline pdmattox

• Queen Bee
    • October bend Rv Park
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2013, 09:35:21 pm »
I love this show also.. Also have not missed an episode.

anything