Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Cutout fromElectrical Panel  (Read 1949 times)

Offline Luckyparrot

• House Bee
Cutout fromElectrical Panel
« on: July 11, 2009, 12:38:20 am »
 Ht owner said that the bees have been there in less than a month because last month the GP&E came to check the meter, it was clear, but today he came and he found the bees .This was an easy job for the panel is about 4ft high and all I did was to lift off the roof of the box. However I wasn't very careful when taking that piece of plywood out. Many of the combs broke and lots of broods got killed in the process. Only 3 frames of eggs and broods. The bees was so gentle that I didn't get even one sting. http://picasaweb.google.com/Luckyparrot2009/Cutout2#

Offline Rebel Rose Apiary

• House Bee
Re: Cutout fromElectrical Panel
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2009, 04:53:25 pm »
New comb is very soft and does not hold together very well. It is probably not all your fault that it broke up and the brood was lost....so do not blame yourself for that. You have a nice gentle little colony and they have a new home where they are apprecaiated.

GOOD JOB!

Brenda

Offline Nathen

• New Bee
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2009, 06:03:58 pm »
I bet it was quite a surprise when the meter reader opened that one up!
-Nathen

Offline G3farms

• Super Bee
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2009, 09:56:00 pm »
Those are pretty busy bees to make all theat comb and have that much stores in less than 30 days.

If they work that hard for you it should make a good hive of bees.

You did not say if you found the queen or not, I hope you got her and she didn't get crushed.

G3
those hot bees will have you steppin and a fetchin like your heads on fire and your keister is a catchin!!!

Bees will be bees and do as they please!

Offline Luckyparrot

• House Bee
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2009, 01:32:23 am »
Thanks, Brenda. Yes, Nathen. He was really surprised and he refused to read it until all the bees are gone. G3,  the queen was so smart that she wasn't amongst the combs.  I  found her inside the panel wall, but didn't have time to take picture. And these bees do work hard. Even while waiting for the rest of the gang to move in new hives, some of the bees started pulling dead bees out of the box already!