Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Pail Feeders  (Read 1119 times)

Offline mat299

• New Bee
Pail Feeders
« on: May 04, 2013, 09:33:00 am »
Anyone had any experience using the pail feeders with the yellow plug in the center?  I bought some last year but switched back to using jars because I didn't think the syrup was running out of the pails fast enough to feed properly.  The plugs only have two holes in them and there is a screen below that.  I was thinking about trying them again.  It would be nice not to have to change or check the feeders so often because the pails I have are a one gallon capacity and right now I am using quart jars.

Offline buzzbee

• Ken
  • Global Moderator
  • Galactic Bee
    • N Central Pa Beekeepers Facebook Page
Re: Pail Feeders
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2013, 09:47:14 am »
They work great. You can set them right over the hole on the inner cover. And they are rigid enough that they hold a vacuum when it cools overnight.
Feeder Pail 2

Offline sweet bee

• House Bee
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2013, 10:38:25 am »
I really like using them!   :)
When I stand before God at the end of my life, I would hope that I would
not have a single bit of talent left, and could say, "I used everything You gave me"

~Erma Bombeck

Offline RHBee

• Queen Bee
  • That's my pooch.
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2013, 06:53:22 pm »
I use Encore pails from Grainger p/n 4HGR9, 5qt, the lids are sold separately. I made a bed of nails about 2" in diameter,  used a rubber mallet to poke holes in the middle of the lids then, opened the hole in the inner cover to 3". Worked good for me and pretty cheap. Gave the girls more area to feed from.
Later,
Ray

anything