Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: "Hello World" from northern Ohio  (Read 2311 times)

Offline melliferal

• House Bee
  • @Checkmite
"Hello World" from northern Ohio
« on: August 31, 2010, 11:35:26 pm »
Hiya folks.  I'm melliferal...and I'm a beekeeper.

*pauses*

I've been a beekeeper for around 5 years.  I really love bees.  I can't stop keeping them.  I have trouble not talking about them as well, which has taken a hit on what fleeting social life I once had.  I figured that if I found some beekeeping forums and confined my apicultural musings to such places, my family and friends might start letting me hang out with them again.  I honestly don't understand why they don't find bees as fascinating as I do.  Weirdos.

I chose to register here because I heard that this was THE MOST AWESOME BEEKEEPING FORUM THE INTERNET HAS EVER SEEN, and also because it was the second hit on a Yahoo! search for "beekeeping forum".  I'm also happy to see that this forum is Tapatalk compatible - which is great because I'm taking college classes, and the ability to stop paying attention to my work and browse a beekeeping forum on my iPod instead will really come in handy this semester; I intend to take advantage of that feature.  Ohhh yes indeed.

I am on Facebook!  As "Jake Orosi"; but I've used this name on a few forums and am somewhat accustomed to being called "Mel", so that's fine.  I am also on Twitter (no, I don't spam the service) as "Checkmite".  Notice: my use of that name is a long story, and has nothing to do with any commercial products whose brand name is strikingly similar; nor do I have anything positive or negative to say about any such product, if it exists, because I haven't used it.  Don't consider it an endorsement.

I look forward to participating!
Recently moved; re-keeping in 2014.

Offline JP

• The Swarm King
  • Universal Bee
  • I like doing cut-outs, but I love catching swarms!
    • JPthebeeman.com
Re: "Hello World" from northern Ohio
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2010, 11:38:53 pm »
Melliferal, good name choice, I like it. Welcome to bee master!

...JP
My Youtube page is titled JPthebeeman with hundreds of educational & entertaining videos.

My website JPthebeeman.com http://jpthebeeman.com

Offline eivindm

• Global Moderator
  • Field Bee
    • Eivind's page
Re: Re: "Hello World" from northern Ohio
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2010, 03:22:07 am »
Welcome to the forum!

Nice to see we already have another tapatalk user besides me too :-) I'm writing this on the subway to work.

Offline greenbtree

• Field Bee
Re: "Hello World" from northern Ohio
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2010, 03:48:57 pm »
Hi, welcome to the forum.  Noticed you live in my old stomping ground, Cleveland, Ohio (Yes, I know the river no longer catches fire.)  I have many friends there, including one that I pulled a colony out of their well pump housing and moved it into a langstrom set up for natural comb (Empty frames and starter strips, their comb rubber banded into empty frames) at their place.  They have lots of fruit trees and berry bushes and wanted the bees to stay.  Would it be possible for you to check on them sometime? They are super nice people (but not really beekeepers) and probably would be open to letting you put another couple of hives there if I asked them.  They garden organically.

JC
"Rise again, rise again - though your heart it be broken, or life about to end.  No matter what you've lost, be it a home, a love, a friend, like the Mary Ellen Carter rise again!"