Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Dr Leo  (Read 1449 times)

Offline .30WCF

• Queen Bee
Dr Leo
« on: April 30, 2022, 07:56:08 pm »
He trashes American beekeeping. He thinks he?s catching wild bees. I catch my swarms, my neighbor?s swarms, somebody I don?t know?s swarms, but he strictly catches wild acclimated natural, wild, native bees.
?Buy his swarm box plans and you can start keeping bees your first year for free.? If I weren?t catching my own swarms, I would go years between catching swarms.
#langstroth_doesnt_work_at_all
Funny thing is all his videos have dead hives.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline beesnweeds

• House Bee
Re: Dr Leo
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2022, 10:18:44 pm »
I did see a video when he was pulling out frames of brood to show his students.  He didnt have to smoke them or wear a veil because the colonies are so weak, all the frames had PMS.
Everyone loves a worker.... until its laying.

Offline TheHoneyPump

• Queen Bee
  • Work Hard. Play Harder.
Dr Leo
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2022, 11:46:51 pm »
I know nothing of a Dr Leo. A websearch popped up a guy using horizontal hives and treatment free techniques in his au-natural setting. Tip of the hat and clap of hands to what he likes and to his own success/failures along the way.
Beekeeping can be a personal experience or a commercial activity. If this Leo is bad talking other beekeepers and methods, that is offside. Someone local would need to take Leo under the wing and provide him with mentoring and history lessons of beekeeping industry. If there is a following and students, then make sure the teacher (Leo) knows the foundations and branches of the subject being taught and has a balanced approach.
imho
« Last Edit: May 01, 2022, 12:55:18 pm by TheHoneyPump »
When the lid goes back on, the bees will spend the next 3 days undoing most of what the beekeeper just did to them.

Offline .30WCF

• Queen Bee
Dr Leo
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2022, 11:51:10 pm »
I didn?t mean to trash talk him. Some how my tv got stuck on his YouTube channel yesterday. I just let it play in the background for hours. It made my head hurt I I needed to rant a little. There is enough misinformation out there. We don?t need a YouTube channel dedicated to disseminating misinformation.

Offline Ben Framed

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
  • Mississippi Zone 7
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2022, 02:16:10 am »
I didn?t mean to trash talk him. Some how my tv got stuck on his YouTube channel yesterday. I just let it play in the background for hours. It made my head hurt I I needed to rant a little. There is enough misinformation out there. We don?t need a YouTube channel dedicated to disseminating misinformation.

I have not heard of Leo. Because of your obvious dissatisfaction with his views and teaching, you might try Bob Binnie instead. I have missed his last few videos, but the ones I have seen are good stuff IMHO...

Phillip
2 Chronicles 7:14
14 If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

Offline .30WCF

• Queen Bee
« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2022, 08:19:49 pm »
Bobs recent ones are good as always. When you get time, give them a look. I believe I?m caught up on him.

Offline Ben Framed

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
  • Mississippi Zone 7
« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2022, 08:49:57 pm »
I will when time allows. I have gotten something good out of every video of his that I have watched. For those who may not know of Mr Binnie, will find a diversified beekeeper who has a lifetime of 'vast' knowledge and doesn't mind sharing that knowledge, while 'teaching' as he shares. A really nice, pleasant fellow which has something good to offer the beginner as well as the professional beekeeper.

Phillip
14 If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

Offline rast

• Field Bee
« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2022, 08:20:55 am »
.30WCF, I also dislike his attitude and comments, but he does have a following. Of course some other individuals I dislike have followers also.
Fools argue; wise men discuss.
    --Paramahansa Yogananda

Offline Ben Framed

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
  • Mississippi Zone 7
« Reply #8 on: May 04, 2022, 03:23:06 am »
.30WCF, I also dislike his attitude and comments, but he does have a following. Of course some other individuals I dislike have followers also.

Rast, from your and 30s description this Dr Leo guy, leads me to believe he must be some kind of character! lol  :oops: :cheesy:  :grin: