Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Neck cooler under Jacket/Suit  (Read 2957 times)

Offline nietssemaj

• House Bee
Neck cooler under Jacket/Suit
« on: May 07, 2013, 03:13:42 pm »
Anyone in the south tried one of these CoolWare Personal Cooling System thingies under their bee jacket/suit?

Offline Steel Tiger

• Field Bee
Re: Neck cooler under Jacket/Suit
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2013, 11:51:08 pm »
I've tried something like this for work. They do ok for a little while.

Offline greenbtree

• Field Bee
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2013, 01:57:23 am »
I have used something like that, they do help a little.  When I am at home working my own yard though I keep frozen hand towels in my freezer - I wet them down then wrap them around a tupperware or bottle about the size of my neck - it will freeze like that, then you just pull it open enough to get around your neck.  You get a little damp as it melts, but that's all to the good from my point of view.  I wear a light linen shirt with a collar, so that I can flip up the collar so that the ice doesn't directly touch my skin.  Works great for me.  When I want a break, I just swap out for a new one.  I will even take some in a cooler with me to cut-outs.  Speaking of cut outs - those fun attic jobs?  There I shove ice packs in any pocket I can fit them in!

JC
"Rise again, rise again - though your heart it be broken, or life about to end.  No matter what you've lost, be it a home, a love, a friend, like the Mary Ellen Carter rise again!"

Online Michael Bush

• Universal Bee
    • bushfarms.com
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2013, 10:03:39 am »
The best "cooler" is a ventilated suit like the Ultra Breeze or the Golden Bee Products suit.  On a hot day, you can wear the full suit with nothing underneath but your shorts and some boots...
My website:  bushfarms.com/bees.htm en espanol: bushfarms.com/es_bees.htm  auf deutsche: bushfarms.com/de_bees.htm  em portugues:  bushfarms.com/pt_bees.htm
My book:  ThePracticalBeekeeper.com
-------------------
"Everything works if you let it."--James "Big Boy" Medlin

Offline Haddon

• House Bee
  • FEMA Trailer Removal
    • Mikes Bee Removal
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2013, 01:22:00 pm »
I have used a lot of tricks for removals ice cold water and a fan are the best shade is next. For the bee yard I dont work bees in july without a running truck with air. As I get to hot I jump in and cool off. I can work a lot longer with the truck out there. I have always thought of hooking a air line into the leg of my suit to blow me up like the Michilene Man just like the suit for a sand blaster it would sure help for those attic removals in july with 98% humidity and 150 degrees in the attic.

Oh the Ice cold water is poured on you suit not for drinking.

anything