Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: More water meter bees  (Read 2284 times)

Offline hardwood

• Galactic Bee
  • Alysian Apiaries youtube.com/MrBeedude
More water meter bees
« on: April 18, 2012, 11:49:52 pm »
We actually get quite a few of these as we do the removals for several utility companies around here. Peggy got a little ticked at me for letting the queen walk into the nuc on her own accord but we decided to put them in a wooden nuc after all to help them keep cool (the plastic nucs can overheat easily down here) so we caged her at that point.

http://youtu.be/hihaVTZ-biM

Scott
"In the first place, we should insist that if the immigrant who comes here in good faith becomes an American and assimilates himself to us, he shall be treated on an exact equality with everyone else, for it is an outrage to discriminate against any such man because of creed, or birthplace, or origin. But this is predicated upon the person's becoming in every facet an American, and nothing but an American...There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag...We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language...And we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people."

Theodore Roosevelt 1907

Offline G3farms

• Super Bee
Re: More water meter bees
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2012, 09:18:52 am »
AAHHH dude you had your finger on her!!  :lau: :lau:

I love it!, you two work so good together!

I just can't believe those AHB water meter bees were soooo gentle! :-D

Thanks for the video.
those hot bees will have you steppin and a fetchin like your heads on fire and your keister is a catchin!!!

Bees will be bees and do as they please!

Offline AllenF

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2012, 05:21:20 pm »
Good video. Did you use blue tape to close up the hole in the meter lid or what this time?

Offline hardwood

• Galactic Bee
  • Alysian Apiaries youtube.com/MrBeedude
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2012, 06:53:56 pm »
Allen, I just stuffed paper towels with bee repellant on them into the entrances. The crew still needed to read the meter.

G3, The State (I assume Mr Hayes initiated it) is now saying that exterial colonies hanging on tree branches are probably AHB as well.

Sheesh!

Scott
"In the first place, we should insist that if the immigrant who comes here in good faith becomes an American and assimilates himself to us, he shall be treated on an exact equality with everyone else, for it is an outrage to discriminate against any such man because of creed, or birthplace, or origin. But this is predicated upon the person's becoming in every facet an American, and nothing but an American...There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag...We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language...And we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people."

Theodore Roosevelt 1907

Offline annette

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2012, 12:40:34 am »
That was way cool Scott. I really enjoy watching you guys work together. I can see that Peggy is the brains of the operation :-D

I also really enjoyed the Mary Ellen Bee video the one where you smoked that new swarm out of the wall. I didn't realize you could do that. Learned something new.

Thanks for sharing
annette

anything