Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Hiya from Queensland, Australia  (Read 1858 times)

Offline AndreHalcyon

• Brood
Hiya from Queensland, Australia
« on: February 15, 2014, 07:55:34 am »
I got into bees last season and it was everything I had hoped and more. 

I am here to learn more, especially the organic side of beekeeping (my goal is to avoid chemicals as much as possible in the garden).  It is a fun hobby for me and I find it fascinating.  Everyone seems to have their own theory on apiaristry so I just like to collect as much info as I can and try anything which sounds useful to me.  I guess I am a knowledge sponge because I have little to contribute yet.  Perhaps one day I will have enough confidence to offer advice but right now, I know next to nothing--hence me joining this forum.

Offline tefer2

• Super Bee
Re: Hiya from Queensland, Australia
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2014, 08:49:20 am »
Welcome to the forum Andre.

Offline amun-ra

• House Bee
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2014, 06:56:58 pm »
Queensland is a big state go to profile and put in a location so we know where you are.
Every day the sun shines and gravity sucks= free energy

Offline Joe D

• Super Bee
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2014, 12:44:05 am »
Welcome to the forum, Andre.  It want be long till you maybe able to answer some questions.  It is a lot of fun isn't it.  Take the good and the bad, it will usually work out.  Good luck to you and your bees.

Joe

Offline AndreHalcyon

• Brood
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2014, 06:36:45 am »
I'm from Witta in Queensland, spine of the Blackall mountain range.  About 530 metres altitude, sunshine coast hinterlands.  Rapid weather variation, even in a single day makes gardening hard.  Does that answer the question?

Offline GSF

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2014, 10:06:43 pm »
welcome
When the law no longer protects you from the corrupt, but protects the corrupt from you - then you know your nation is doomed.