Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Hello from WV  (Read 1549 times)

Offline Merlinspop

• New Bee
Hello from WV
« on: March 09, 2011, 04:41:12 pm »
Greetings all -

New member from the Eastern Panhandle of WV. I'll be starting my very first hive in exactly a month when a package arrives.  Been poking around in other forums, but I'm a sponge for information and the more I can get and filter through the better.

I'll be using a TBH, built based on Michael Bush's plans, but with a few changes.  Started it over the Christmas holidays as a way to keep my 9 yr old off the couch.   We also have a 10 month old and so I only get 10-15 minutes at a time to go out and work on the hive.  It's done now, except that I'd like to get a second (or third) coat of paint on it.  But if I had to, it'd be ready to go as is.  Have a feeder made with plexi sides and after it failed the initial water leak test, is now coated on the inside with wax. 

Anyway, thought I'd introduce myself and follow the rules by posting quickly.  I'm mostly a reader, as I found that I lean much more when I'm in "receive" mode instead of "transmit."

Hope the coming spring and fall are great for everyone!

Bruce

Offline jmblakeney

• House Bee
  • James
Re: Hello from WV
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2011, 05:41:32 pm »
Hello and welcome.
"I believe the best social program is a job...." - Ronald Reagan

Offline Riggs

• House Bee
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2011, 04:09:13 pm »
I feel your pain time wise I have a two year old and a 10 month old. I will be starting my first hive in may. Good luck to us both ;)
Every man's life ends the same way. It is only the details of how he lived and how he died that distinguish one man from another. ~
Ernest Hemingway

Offline AllenF

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2011, 09:43:36 pm »

Offline Sparky

• Field Bee
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2011, 09:53:31 pm »
Welcome neighbor.