Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: What's your favorite stand for bee hives?  (Read 10986 times)

Offline DBoire

• House Bee
What's your favorite stand for bee hives?
« Reply #20 on: October 22, 2005, 06:24:48 pm »
If you are setting up 30 hives, don't spend time digging or building fancy stands. You don't have time. p.s. how old are you?  & do you have a family?  I would take a look around and find some hardwood pallets.  The width of a pallet holds two hives well, allowing you to work around them.  Cut the depth of the pallets to 21" so you can have access to the back without leanning over to much.  Put said pallets on ground and place hive on.  If you need to move the hives,.. 30 new hives may not be in the best location, you can work straps around with out lifting.  If your one of the lucky ones with a forklift etc. can lift your pairs of hive up onto your bed of your truck.

Anonymous

What's your favorite stand for bee hives?
« Reply #21 on: October 24, 2005, 02:58:30 pm »
"p.s. how old are you?"

46 and holding

"& do you have a family?"

Yes, but our 4 year old can't lift much...   :roll:  :lol:

"If your one of the lucky ones with a forklift "

Nope, that would be nice.  Got the hives set up now.  Had to shim the back of a couple stands to get them leaning forward a little.  I'm still working on those pictures...  Hopefully I'll be able to post before snow fall!   :wink:

Oh, one last note, the locations where I had to place these hives required that they be neat and orderly looking, otherwise I probably would have just picked up some palets from work and used them.