Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Non-existant customer service from Kelly  (Read 6536 times)

Offline richter1978

• House Bee
Re: Non-existant customer service from Kelly
« Reply #20 on: June 05, 2015, 10:21:07 pm »
Kelley was bought out by another company last year.  I had great dealings with them before the sale, now, "not so much."

Online cao

• Super Bee
« Reply #21 on: June 06, 2015, 12:29:33 am »
Unfortunately I have an order in limbo from Kelley's.  They charged my credit card over two weeks ago and i haven't heard anything from them even after a couple of emails.  I guess the company that bought them out last year thinks that they know how to operate a company better than it was run for 90+ years.  It seems to me that they have decided to cut costs(people) and raise prices.  Apparently they don't realize that customer service and quick shipping is worth more than a few dollars.  I checked their facebook page and the company hasn't posted anything since July of last year.  A customer posted:

June 2 at 12:05pm
I have been trying for two days to get through to you. Waiting on hold now for 37 minutes. Where is my order you took my money but have not sent my items? Update they finally answered and they are working on orders made on May the 6th so they are 4 weeks behind. Wow I ask for my money back I can?t wait that long.

If that is true than maybe they will be getting to my order within the next two weeks. The bees will wait, won't they :wink:
I guess it was a good thing that I placed an order from Mann Lake after not hearing from Kelley's.  That order was at my house 4 days after ordering.  :happy:

Offline Michael Bush

• Universal Bee
    • bushfarms.com
« Reply #22 on: June 07, 2015, 04:19:11 pm »
Let's hope it's just "growing pains" or adjusting to new management and that they will get over it.  I've been doing business with Walter T. Kelley for 41 years because they had things no one else had and because they had good service and good prices.  I would hate for that to come to an end...
My website:  bushfarms.com/bees.htm en espanol: bushfarms.com/es_bees.htm  auf deutsche: bushfarms.com/de_bees.htm  em portugues:  bushfarms.com/pt_bees.htm
My book:  ThePracticalBeekeeper.com
-------------------
"Everything works if you let it."--James "Big Boy" Medlin

Offline Variable

• House Bee
    • Two Little Ladies Apiary Hive Data
« Reply #23 on: June 08, 2015, 05:11:41 pm »
Well I guess I should tell my story as well....

I ordered some frames, small cell foundation, nuc entrance reducers and a few other things from them and payed extra for the 2 day shipping. It took them 9 days to ship and another 2 to get to me. Had I known they would sit on my order for 9 days I would not have paid extra to get them in 2 days. I ended up going to a local supplier to get the frames so I could put another super on. I think that will be my last order with them. I did call and talk to someone and was told they would get it shipped today (that was on day 5) She did state that they are getting about 4 times as much business than the same time last year so I guess they were falling  behind.  While I understand things get busy I feel like this is something they should plan for. Every year in late winter to early spring all the keepers order stuff. It should not be a surprise. Bring in some temp workers to get back on schedule if needed but do not make your customers pay (by waiting and not communicating) for your lack of planning. Walter is turning in his grave.
I want to beelieve.
WA Apiary ID WA14-077
8 medium hives. 5 Langstroth, 3 Nuc
See hive data at
http://twolittleladiesapiary.com/cms/node/6
https://www.facebook.com/twolittleladiesapiary

Offline MikeyN.C.

• Field Bee
« Reply #24 on: June 08, 2015, 11:05:33 pm »
Where, N or S,  La, in the swamp or dry land ? ?

Offline craneman54

• House Bee
« Reply #25 on: June 09, 2015, 09:16:06 am »
Where, N or S,  La, in the swamp or dry land ? ?

I am in central La in Plaucheville. Dry land but we do have some swamps around.lol
Retired crane operator
I love woodturning

Offline indypartridge

• Queen Bee
« Reply #26 on: June 09, 2015, 01:29:42 pm »
Kelley was a topic of conversation at our local bee club last evening. Several complaints about package bees being dead within a week of arrival. The Kelley response: "Too bad." I've been hearing horror stories about their bees for a couple years now. Last year an experienced beek I know bought 20 packages, and only 1 made it the end of summer.

Offline GSF

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #27 on: June 09, 2015, 11:12:43 pm »
I'd stay away from those folks, at least for a couple of years anyway. I've been very well pleased with mann lake. I recently had an issue with one of my shipments. The staples came out of the box and were broke all up, lick-a-dee split more were on the way. That was one day they were in the mail the next day. I never order less than a $100 so I don't worry about shipping. I just wish they sold the screen bottom oil traps like at greenbeehives. I'd love to get several with the free shipping.

When the law no longer protects you from the corrupt, but protects the corrupt from you - then you know your nation is doomed.

Offline Michael Bush

• Universal Bee
    • bushfarms.com
« Reply #28 on: June 10, 2015, 08:42:40 am »
>I've been hearing horror stories about their bees for a couple years now. Last year an experienced beek I know bought 20 packages, and only 1 made it the end of summer.

I've been hearing and experiencing those kind of things from all the suppliers of packages for a decade now...
My website:  bushfarms.com/bees.htm en espanol: bushfarms.com/es_bees.htm  auf deutsche: bushfarms.com/de_bees.htm  em portugues:  bushfarms.com/pt_bees.htm
My book:  ThePracticalBeekeeper.com
-------------------
"Everything works if you let it."--James "Big Boy" Medlin

Offline shutterbee

• New Bee
« Reply #29 on: June 10, 2015, 11:06:36 pm »
I figured I might as well share my story about Kelly as well.

I just started my first hive.

I ordered a complete hive, tools and bees from Kelly back in at the beginning of February. The hive and tools were supposed to ship within a few days of my order, however, the end of March came and nothing had been shipped yet.

I called Kelly and after waiting on hold for over 45 minutes, I was told that they were behind in shipments because the winter was so bad and that my hive and tools will ship in a few days. A few days pass and I still have no package. I call Kelly again and after waiting another 45 minutes they tell me that the smoker I wanted is out of stock and I need to pick another one. I choose another smoker and I am told that the order is going to ship the next day.

A week goes by and still nothing. I call Kelly yet again and this time I am told that the smoker, gloves, hive tool and four or five other items I ordered are all out of stock. After spending a half hour picking replacement items, Kelly tells me that the order will ship later that day or at the latest, the next day. The next day comes and I get a call from Kelly regarding my order. Evidently the woman I spoke to the day before never saved my selection of replacement items and I had to go over everything again. I hang up the phone and get a call three hours later from someone else at Kelly. Again they forgot to save my selection of replacement items and I had to go over things a third time!

It is now two weeks from the when the bees are supposed to be shipped and I finally get my hive and tools shipped to me. I open the package and the screened bottom board and several other parts are snapped and broken. Additionally they sent me the wrong size frames and I am missing several items. I call for replacements and they tell me that I need to send them photos before they will send me replacements. I send them photos and express my frustration and disappointment with their customer service. They agree to ship me replacements but never apologize or even acknowledge my frustration.

The replacements come in and the frames are still the wrong size! Additionally they send me the wrong replacement hive tool. I call them again and they ship me a second replacement. This set of frames is finally the right size so I am able to finish putting the hive together.

The bees are supposed to be here the first week of May. The day comes and goes and no I have no bees. I call them up and they tell me there is a delay with the shipment. A few days and several calls later, I get my shipment. The queen should have been marked blue but the apiary they were using messed up and marked all the queens white.

My queen ended up dying so I ordered a replacement queen within the day I noticed she was gone. I paid to have it expressed to me so I should have had it that week but the day came and went. I call them up and I am told that the queen didn't ship because they were out of stock (it would have been nice to have told me that before I ordered a new queen). I am told it will take a few more days. I wait again and when it does not arrive I call them and the representative at Kelly claims that the queen was shipped but was returned to them for some reason. She went on to tell me that she was "surprised that the queen was even alive when she got it" and that she expected it to have died on the way to me. One of Kelly?s managers said she would personally drive to the post office that day to express a new queen to me but I later get a call that she couldn't because by the time she went to mail it, the post office was closed. I finally got my new queen over two weeks after I ordered it.

This is the first and last time I do business with Kelly.

Offline KeyLargoBees

• Field Bee
    • Pirate Hat Apiary
« Reply #30 on: June 25, 2015, 10:26:44 am »
Its been over a month since the Kelly debacle started with no replies to numerous voice mail and e-mail attempts at contact and I pretty much had given up and was going to eat the costs of the equipment sent to me that was incorrect....and out of the blue yesterday I received a shipping notice from UPS that "something" is on the way to me from Kelly...still no e-mail....or call to let me know whats going on but there is a remote possibility that they are catching up on their customer service backlog.

Still wont do business with them again but at least its something.
Jeff Wingate

Changes in Latitudes...Changes in Attitudes....are Florida Keys bees more laid back than the rest of the country...only time will tell!!!
piratehatapiary@gmail.com https://www.facebook.com/piratehatapiary

Offline rober

• Field Bee
« Reply #31 on: June 25, 2015, 04:58:37 pm »
my problem has been with shortages, especially with frame components. I bought some frames to stockpile & 2 months later when I cracked open the boxes I noticed I was short some pieces. was told since it was over a month too bad so sad. I now count everything as soon as it arrives. it just occurred to me that I've never actually counted the sheets of foundation. that was probably a mistake. on a recent order I ordered 100 deep frames. I received 100 top & bottom bars & 100 side rails ( 1/2 ). I called them & they apologized & shipped the missing parts the same day. so as long as I check what I buy right away I've not had any problems. they answer the phone & ship within a reasonable time frame. I've not bought any of their bees so have no input there. if I buy bees at all I buy locally raised overwintered nucs.

Offline rober

• Field Bee
« Reply #32 on: June 26, 2015, 02:42:51 pm »
as I said above I called Kelly about the problems with my last order. that was on Tuesday afternoon. the make up parts arrived today.

Offline rober

• Field Bee
« Reply #33 on: June 26, 2015, 04:21:59 pm »
I should have opened the box before posting. they sent the missing end bars but sent L-shaped frame rest instead of the correct frame spacers. I just got off the phone with them & hopefully they'll get it right this time. luckily I'm buying these for future use. so along with my original advise about checking the count right away i'll add don't wait until you need something to order it. try to plan ahead.

Offline KeyLargoBees

• Field Bee
    • Pirate Hat Apiary
« Reply #34 on: June 26, 2015, 05:12:44 pm »
LOL.....i would love to be a fly on the wall in their customer service department......I bet they have a pretty low opinion of the people who actually pack and ship the boxes.
Jeff Wingate

Changes in Latitudes...Changes in Attitudes....are Florida Keys bees more laid back than the rest of the country...only time will tell!!!
piratehatapiary@gmail.com https://www.facebook.com/piratehatapiary

Online cao

• Super Bee
« Reply #35 on: June 26, 2015, 06:04:13 pm »
Since I posted earlier on this thread I thought that I'd post an update.  I placed an order for foundation on 5-19.  They billed my credit card that day. After a week without any notification that they shipped it, I emailed them to find out what was going on.  No response from them. I waited for another week and emailed again. Again no response.  I emailed them a third time and told them to cancel the order.  Again no response.  I figured I would give them a month before I was going to dispute the charge on my credit card.  Guess what arrived at my door on 6-18. One day short of a month to send my order.  I only live 2-3 hours away from them.

LOL.....i would love to be a fly on the wall in their customer service department.....

What customer service? :shocked:

anything