Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Quality Queens  (Read 2847 times)

Offline Brooklyn

• House Bee
    • Quality Pet Food Online
Quality Queens
« on: July 16, 2010, 11:41:07 pm »
Next year I would like to try raising 100 to 200 Quality Queens a year.

What equipment would you recommend?
How much equipment?
I am thinking on trying the Cloak board method???

I am only going to use queens that survive threw winter.

Your ideas welcome

Brooklyn

Offline specialkayme

• Field Bee
Re: Quality Queens
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2010, 09:12:51 am »
Next year I would like to try raising 100 to 200 Quality Queens a year.

What equipment would you recommend?
How much equipment?
I am thinking on trying the Cloak board method???

I am only going to use queens that survive threw winter.

Your ideas welcome

Brooklyn

Have you raised queens before? Have you used any methods before? how many hives do you have?

Offline Brooklyn

• House Bee
    • Quality Pet Food Online
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2010, 05:56:46 pm »
This will be my first time raising Queens

Offline hardwood

• Galactic Bee
  • Alysian Apiaries youtube.com/MrBeedude
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2010, 06:38:16 pm »
Pick a system that seems it will work for you and practice! Please remember that quality queen producers look at MANY variables and work hard for MANY years to be able to produce truly quality queens. If you're wanting to do this for fun, knowledge, or maybe to expand your own bee yard(s), be sure you graft from your best queens (MANY variables here too) and use the BEST cell starter/finisher hives and flood the area with the BEST drones. If you're thinking of doing this for income be prepared for failure for several years until your technique evolves to near perfection and you gain a much needed reputation for quality.

Scott
"In the first place, we should insist that if the immigrant who comes here in good faith becomes an American and assimilates himself to us, he shall be treated on an exact equality with everyone else, for it is an outrage to discriminate against any such man because of creed, or birthplace, or origin. But this is predicated upon the person's becoming in every facet an American, and nothing but an American...There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag...We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language...And we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people."

Theodore Roosevelt 1907