Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: missouri revised statutes chapter 264?  (Read 1495 times)

Offline treebee

• House Bee
missouri revised statutes chapter 264?
« on: December 16, 2009, 10:21:12 am »
Good morning,
I was wondering if anyone has had any dealings in Missouri or Iowa with the state inspectors office in regards to importing nucs into the state or bringing feral captures across the state line. I live and have property on the state line with Iowa and have many opportunities to get bees in Iowa feral, swarm, and nuc.I read the statutes and understand that probable cause is needed for inspection for pests but I  am confused about transport of feral colonies.I Have an opportunity to start an outyard in Iowa at a great farm with plenty of clover. Would I have to keep them separate from my Home hives. i.e. I could not take a split back to Missouri to make up a loss. And as a last question If I have an apiary right on the state line and the bees forage in Iowa and Missouri will they have dual citizenship? :?Thanks for any thoughts. John
Relax, step back, take a deep breath, the finger you save just might be your own!

Offline Bee-Bop

• Field Bee
Re: missouri revised statutes chapter 264?
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2009, 10:46:19 am »
Your best bet is to call the Mo. Dept. of Agriculture in Jeff. City, ask for the Apiary Dept. it's sometimes hard to get .

The Mo. law reads that the bees have to have a inspection by the state from which they came.

Mo. does not have any Offical State Inspectors, they hire local beekeepers for inspections.

Bee-Bop
" If Your not part of the genetic solution of breeding mite-free bees, then You're part of the problem "

Offline charmd2

• House Bee
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2009, 12:37:43 pm »
In all honesty, I would be willing to take the chances.   Seriously,  If you live that close to the border, the pests will be the same regardless.  And I highly doubt there is any enforcement at any real level.   Now if you're talking a multi thousand hive transport or something along those lines you stand a better risk.   The swarm calls wouldnt' be an issue at all because they aren't coming in with comb.  If I read correctly it is only comb that is a true concern. 
Charla Hinkle

Offline D Coates

• Queen Bee
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2009, 03:41:09 pm »
I seriously doubt you'd pop above radar.  Sometimes it's easier to ask for forgiveness than for permission
Ninja, is not in the dictionary.  Well played Ninja's, well played...

anything