Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Re: video  (Read 2594 times)

Offline Trot

• House Bee
Re: video
« on: March 03, 2008, 11:32:55 am »
A short video, something to think about, despite all the anti-sentiment..?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M_XnvZAcM0U

Offline reinbeau

• Super Bee
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2008, 03:16:17 pm »
This will never be proven - there's far too many lawyers and money involved.  :roll:

Offline johnnybigfish

• Super Bee
    • The World of Johnnybigfish
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2008, 04:09:20 pm »
I never heard of Nico......?
 But it sure makes sense. Especially the alzheimers and autism parts.
 And these sicknesses HAVE grown alot in  the past 20 years!
your friend,
john

Offline bassman1977

• "King Bee"
  • Super Bee
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2008, 04:33:00 pm »

I don't doubt that there are more cases of alzheimers & autism, but what is this based off of?  There are more people today than there was 20 years ago.
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(''')_(''')

Offline reinbeau

• Super Bee
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2008, 04:44:00 pm »

I don't doubt that there are more cases of alzheimers & autism, but what is this based off of?  There are more people today than there was 20 years ago.

But does that correlate?  Or have the number of cases grown within a steady group of people, not because the group has increased.  I have to admit I'm a firm believer that the chemicals we're using in our environment are harmful (and let's not nitpick over what is a chemical, we all know I'm talking about agricultural pesticides of all types, manufactured by huge chemical companies upon whose existence this economy so heavily depends) and there's little chance of fixing things so long as they're allowed to do whatever they want - all the while offering 'proof' of their benevolence  :roll:

The honeybees are the canary in a coal mine, but few are listening.

Offline PDCambs

• New Bee
« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2008, 07:19:32 pm »
An awful lot of what if's and no mention of losses where no agricultural chemicals have been used. I bet there were some claiming pollution was the problem when Isle of White disease hit England, how stupid did they feel when proved wrong I wonder?

I'm not of the opinion that we should poison our planet, but crying wolf without any science to back it up does nothing but play into the hands of the petrochemical companies, who will use this sort of sweeping accusation to refute future concerns if/when science does raise evidence about these or other chemicals or environmental issues.

What if.... you seek some informed scientific opinion.

What if.... you’re barking up the wrong tree?

Peter
Cambridge UK

Offline steveouk

• House Bee
  • A Brit living in the USA
    • Steve's Bees
« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2008, 08:39:47 pm »
The thing is are we prepared to wait and find out ??? I like the french attitude ( First and only time i will probably agree with the french ) which was rally on there government and get it banned. Then lets see if it makes a difference. lets not risk our bee's

Offline reinbeau

• Super Bee
« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2008, 09:08:38 pm »
An awful lot of what if's and no mention of losses where no agricultural chemicals have been used. I bet there were some claiming pollution was the problem when Isle of White disease hit England, how stupid did they feel when proved wrong I wonder?

I'm not of the opinion that we should poison our planet, but crying wolf without any science to back it up does nothing but play into the hands of the petrochemical companies, who will use this sort of sweeping accusation to refute future concerns if/when science does raise evidence about these or other chemicals or environmental issues.
The science will never come out through normal channels that proves any of this.  Mind you, I'm no enviro-nazi.  I'm just becoming very cynical in my old age about how corporations work in the world.

What if.... you seek some informed scientific opinion.

What if.... you’re barking up the wrong tree?

What if ....we wait it out your way and there are no trees left to bark up?