Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: The fire pit, the marshmallows, hot dogs, my Grandson and the horse  (Read 2886 times)

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
Last weekend we spent a family day out the back, we gathered up tons of debris from some more land clearing I had done in the spring and had a big burn.  It went on for most of the day.  It was my Son-in-Law that first started it out.  He found a magnificent mushroom, that being the highly dangerous and deadly Amanita Muscaria (fly agara).  He told my Daughter to come quickly to tell me to come and see, he knows my love of nature.  She did...I went out with camera in tow, and saw the most beautiful sight.  This brought us to begin the burn, to clear up the mess that I had made and not got around to cleaning up yet....me bad.

As the day progressed, the children came out, and the fun began.  We went to the house and brought out lots of weiners, buns and marshmallows and ate this food all day, cooking it on this fire (most times very difficult to get close enough to cook, but time cools things down). My oldest Grandson is a creator, and he found the best way to cook multiple wieners and marshmallows, he is one smart cookie, hee, hee.

The horse also wanted to eat some of his food.   She came closer and closer and I could tell by that little smile on his face he was very nervous about this mare that wanted to eat his yummy foods too!!!  Beautiful, most wonderful days, Cindi

And oh, don't the little ones love to climb the trees!!!  This is my youngest Grandson and my youngest Niece that lives on our property, these two have the blast of life together!!!

The kids set up a cool aid stand in the back, there were no clients that came from the road to purchase the cool-aid, it was at the back, narry a person could have seen her.  But she managed to make about $5 from all the family members here, I see an up and coming entrepreneur in the making.

My youngest Grandson, my youngest Nephew and my youngest Niece, those loves of my life....

There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service

Offline JP

• The Swarm King
  • Universal Bee
  • I like doing cut-outs, but I love catching swarms!
    • JPthebeeman.com
Re: The fire pit, the marshmallows, hot dogs, my Grandson and the horse
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2008, 04:41:10 pm »
"And oh, don't the little ones love to climb the trees!!!  This is my youngest Grandson and my youngest Niece that lives on our property, these two have the blast of life together!!!"

They take after their grandmother who also likes to climb trees, I remember that swarm pic with you in the tree, it was classic Cindi!

...JP
My Youtube page is titled JPthebeeman with hundreds of educational & entertaining videos.

My website JPthebeeman.com http://jpthebeeman.com

Offline poka-bee

• Super Bee
  • I am NEVER bored!!
    • Darby Farms
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2008, 04:59:56 pm »
Oh Cindi!  When you live in the country,the best times are when the family burns stuff together!  Something about fire & the cleansing of junk is good for the soul!  Some of our best times have been around the burn pile.  Looking @ your grandchildren makes me want some too. You have beautiful grandkids!
Horses are so nosy, did she just eat the sweets or everything?  Haley would grab the hot dog & give "the look", this is MINE now!  Can't wait to be Crazy Grammy Jo covered in bees!  Your flowers are beautiful too!  J.
I'm covered in Beeesssss!  Eddie Izzard

Offline annette

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2008, 01:47:52 am »
I can also see your beautiful garden right in back of the kids. Very neat looking, very orderly.

You have such a great time with your family and your joy shows through with all the wonderful photos you post. I just love looking at them.

Take Care
Annette

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2008, 10:27:25 am »
Jody, just want until you are Grandma Jo.  There is simply nothing on earth like the children of your children, you thought that your children were wonderful, you aint' seen nuthin' yet!!!  You will have those little babes in arm one day, I know that, and when that day comes, look out!!!  And you thought you were addicted to your animals, the farm and the bees  :-X ;) :) :) :)  It is funny how horses love to eat the food that we eat, only they only get those teeny tiny tidbits.

JP, yep, yep, I do love to still climb trees too, something about that that is very exciting!!!

Annette, thank you for those kind words, yes, I am a proud woman of my family and I love to tell of this, it makes me feel so good inside.  Have the most beautiful and awesome day, Cindi
There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service