Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Four of my 6 week old chicks  (Read 5656 times)

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
Four of my 6 week old chicks
« on: December 30, 2009, 10:52:37 pm »
Boy do the chicks grow fast.  The four that I had to bring in to incubated because the broody Cochin gave up are prizes.  The Australorpe has turned out to be a cockeral, sigh.  The Light Brahma is a pullet, and the two Splash Cochins are cockeral and pullet.  The Brahma surprises me with the gusto that she loves my Husband and me, she is a very special little gal.  Enjoy this wonderful day, love life, with great health.  Cindi

Black Australorpe in the front, the two splash cochin cockeral and pullet on either side of the light brahma pullet.

My Husband loves the little ones as much as I do, it sure makes it nice when there is similar interests, especially when he loves to build things for me for the birds. I have another post to put in about the brood pen he made, smiling.  Ken holding the Light Brahma.  That is how relaxed she is, she just loves to be with you.

There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service

Offline JP

• The Swarm King
  • Universal Bee
  • I like doing cut-outs, but I love catching swarms!
    • JPthebeeman.com
Re: Four of my 6 week old chicks
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2009, 12:18:48 am »
I'm having a ball with my hens Cindi, but I sure wish they didn't crap so much, so very much!

...JP
My Youtube page is titled JPthebeeman with hundreds of educational & entertaining videos.

My website JPthebeeman.com http://jpthebeeman.com

Offline annette

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2009, 12:37:14 am »
I just love these photos you have been taking of the chickens with Ken and also you.  The chickens look so, so relaxed. Like I always say, wish I was a chicken in your house to receive all that love.

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2009, 12:42:04 am »
Annette, smiling....if you were to ever become a little chicken, you could come to live with me, I would take care of you, feed you, love you, let you perch on my shoulder, you could be a beloved little chicken, go there in your mind's eye, have a wonderful night, friend, and life, and health.  Cindi

Thank you for those kind words that you are always so generous with, Annette, you maka me smile and smile and smile
There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service

Offline JP

• The Swarm King
  • Universal Bee
  • I like doing cut-outs, but I love catching swarms!
    • JPthebeeman.com
« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2009, 10:42:32 am »
Annette, smiling....if you were to ever become a little chicken, you could come to live with me, I would take care of you, feed you, love you, let you perch on my shoulder, you could be a beloved little chicken, go there in your mind's eye, have a wonderful night, friend, and life, and health.  Cindi

Thank you for those kind words that you are always so generous with, Annette, you maka me smile and smile and smile

You do realize though Cindi, that if you were to have Ms. Annette as your pet chicken that you'd have to build a special coop to accomodate the red umbrella? And you know how attracted chooks are to red, you'd have extra cleaning chores & they'd peck at the umbrella, it would tear, you'd have repairs to do. If you don't sow, you'd have to find a seamstress to repair the umbrella, one that wouldn't mind the poop stains on the material, etc...

Now, are you still certain you'd want Ms. Annette as your pet chicken?

...JP :-*
My Youtube page is titled JPthebeeman with hundreds of educational & entertaining videos.

My website JPthebeeman.com http://jpthebeeman.com

Offline annette

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2009, 01:19:09 pm »
Tears to the red umbrella?? NOT!!!. I'll just visit Cindi and not live there,  so as not to give her so much trouble
« Last Edit: January 02, 2010, 11:30:46 pm by annette »

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2010, 10:24:17 pm »
Oh!!!  Big  :) :) :)  C.

anything