Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: A Beekeeper's Holiday Musings -  (Read 2773 times)

Offline utahbeekeeper

• House Bee
    • Millcreek Valley Farm
A Beekeeper's Holiday Musings -
« on: November 24, 2008, 03:05:12 pm »
There is such diversity in residence here . . . . lawyers and farmers, armed forces and seamstresses, home makers and car makers . . . . some sell their goods and some graciously give away their bounty . . . . some have more of this world's offerings than others who may depend on mother earth for much of their day to day sustenance.  Top to bottom, this grand group of enthusiasts bound together by a love of this ancient touchstone called beekeeping are representative what many would call The Salt of the Earth.  What a wonderful and generous band of brothers and sisters.  I can only hope that our respective countries have enough of their Heartland's finest, those of this same ilk who possess appreciation for responsibility, accountability, work ethic and economy in the halls of government where we so desperately need them.

Down through history, beekeeprs and farmers alike have only asked for a level pasture . . . a fair shake, not a bailout.  You are micro examples of what GM and AIG execs ought to have learned at university.  What I am getting to is that my wishes for you one and all as the holidays approach is a warm fire (ok, Tucson AZ mebe not)  a never waning honey jug, the good health you have earned, and the riches found in the arms of loving families even in the midst of the turmoil and dark clouds around us.  Just knowing that small groups of folks like you still exist in today's world will be at the top of my Thanksgiving prayer this Thursday.  Happy Holidays, everybody!!
Pleasant words are like an honeycomb, sweet to the soul and health to the bones.  Prov 16:24

Offline Keith13

• Super Bee
Re: A Beekeeper's Holiday Musings -
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2008, 03:42:35 pm »
Here Here ;)

Keith

Offline rast

• Field Bee
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2008, 08:51:33 pm »
 Thank you Utah. The sentiment is definitely returned and felt for all.
 Rick
Fools argue; wise men discuss.
    --Paramahansa Yogananda

Offline Kathyp

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2008, 09:12:30 pm »
and to you and your family!!
Someone really ought to tell them that the world of Ayn Rand?s novel was not meant to be aspirational.

Offline DayValleyDahlias

• Super Bee
    • DayValleyDahlia's Blog
« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2008, 09:58:00 pm »
Well put!

My sentiments as well...blessings to all~*~*~*~

Offline annette

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2008, 12:14:49 am »
Peace and kindness for all of you here. I appreciate all the help and support I have received over the past couple of years. Have a very grateful holiday.

Annette

Offline asprince

• Super Bee
« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2008, 08:24:20 am »
That touched a scrooge like me!

THANKS,

Steve
Politics is supposed to be the second oldest profession. I have come to realize that it bears a very close resembalance to the first. - Ronald Reagan

Offline Irwin

• Super Bee
  • howdy all
« Reply #7 on: November 25, 2008, 10:04:34 am »
You have a way with word's :)I been trying to come up with holiday greeting for my form family but every time I go to put it on the form it's like somebody put an eggbeater in my head and it's all gone. I envy all of you that have a way with word's. I hope every one has a great thanksgiving and Christmas and you all have a great new year :-D
Fight organized crime!  Re-elect no one.

Offline Kathyp

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #8 on: November 25, 2008, 11:01:04 am »
you just did it irwin :-). 
Someone really ought to tell them that the world of Ayn Rand?s novel was not meant to be aspirational.

Offline Irwin

• Super Bee
  • howdy all
« Reply #9 on: November 25, 2008, 11:10:39 am »
Not like Utahbeekeeper I wish I had a way with word's like so many here on the form. It's hard for me to make a post I have to change word's all the time my brain Say's one thing and I type something else don't know why but that is how all my post's go :?
Fight organized crime!  Re-elect no one.

Offline Melilem

• House Bee
    • New England Bee Photos
« Reply #10 on: November 25, 2008, 04:29:39 pm »
thank you, Utahbeekeeper. Your thoughtfulness and positive attitude are even more admirable qualities than your eloquence (which, like Irwin, i also lack...but not as badly :D). I hope you have a wonderful holiday season.