Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: African Honey Bees ???  (Read 1480 times)

Offline Larry Bees

• Field Bee
African Honey Bees ???
« on: July 20, 2012, 11:10:53 am »
http://www.wftv.com/news/news/local/aggressive-bees-moving-central-florida/nPyhL/

I saw this on an Orlando TV News program. The fact that they didn't get stung leads me to believe that they were just normal honey bees. What do you think? Larry

Offline Jim134

• Galactic Bee
    • Franklin County Beekeepers Association
Re: African Honey Bees ???
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2012, 11:39:55 am »
IMHO TV selling the News. :roll:

BEE HAPPY Jim 134 :)
"Tell me and I'll forget,show me and I may  remember,involve me and I'll understand"
        Chinese Proverb

"The farmer is the only man in our economy who buys everything at retail, sells everything at wholesale, and pays the freight both ways."
 John F. Kennedy
Franklin County Beekeepers Association MA. http://www.franklinmabeekeepers.org/

Offline BeeMaster2

• Administrator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2012, 12:56:18 pm »
If the thought they were African bees, why didn't they test them. They didn't want to know that they were just european bees that were disturbed. Sounds like they just had a lot of bees in the air. Didn't sound like anyone was stung.
Jim
Democracy is 2 wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote.
Ben Franklin

Offline AllenF

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2012, 01:40:00 pm »
I would like to have seen first hand documentation of just how aggressive the bees were.    Open any hive up and still not get stung?

Offline Sundog

• House Bee
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2012, 06:39:01 pm »
Pretty lame reporting and distorting!  Disservice to everybody, especially bees! 

That woman must run very fast to get away from AHB without getting stung even once.

No fun at all!

anything