Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: What is the easiest way ?  (Read 8588 times)

Offline Joelel

• Field Bee
What is the easiest way ?
« on: July 25, 2010, 03:02:18 pm »
Hi,What is the easiest way to get a queen and attendants in a queen cage ?
Acts2:37: Now when they heard this, they were pricked in their heart, and said unto Peter and to the rest of the apostles, Men and brethren, what shall we do?
38: Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.
39: For the promise is unto you, and to your children, and to all that are afar off, even as many as the Lord our God shall call.
40: And with many other words did he testify and exhort, saying, Save yourselves from this untoward generation

Offline AllenF

• Galactic Bee
Re: What is the easiest way ?
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2010, 04:17:49 pm »
Buy them it with them already in there.         But if you are putting your bees in there, stick them in head first and let them walk in.

Offline Joelel

• Field Bee
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2010, 11:01:09 am »
I guess once again nobody knows,only smart allic remarks. I know Mr. Bush knows,guess I'll wait until he answers.
Acts2:37: Now when they heard this, they were pricked in their heart, and said unto Peter and to the rest of the apostles, Men and brethren, what shall we do?
38: Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.
39: For the promise is unto you, and to your children, and to all that are afar off, even as many as the Lord our God shall call.
40: And with many other words did he testify and exhort, saying, Save yourselves from this untoward generation

Offline iddee

• Universal Bee
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2010, 11:50:45 am »
No, hothead, he told you correct. You pick them up, stick their head in the hole, and release them. They will walk in. Hold your finger over the hole until you pick up another, and stick her head in the hole. After a few times practicing, you quit getting stung.

Maybe hothead remarks contribute to so few replies to your inquiries.
"Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me . . . Anything can happen, child. Anything can be"

*Shel Silverstein*

Offline bugleman

• House Bee
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2010, 12:59:26 pm »
To Joel's defense the sarcasm in the beginning was confusing.

Offline slacker361

• Field Bee
    • Thank You Honey
« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2010, 01:01:17 pm »
where has everyone's sense of humor gone, I thought it was funny AllanF and informativejust how education is to be entertaining and informative 

Offline Kathyp

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2010, 01:17:38 pm »
he pretty much gave Joelel his two options. 

Joelel, i have really tried to be nice to you thinking that your demanding of immediate info, and your rudeness, was not intentional.  no one here is trying to be unkind to you, but you might consider that sometimes your posts do come across as rude.  you have a right to ask your questions, but you do not have a right to demand only the responses that make you happy.  please give some thought to your responses.
Someone really ought to tell them that the world of Ayn Rand?s novel was not meant to be aspirational.

Offline iddee

• Universal Bee
« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2010, 01:21:16 pm »
I took it as truthful humor, not sarcasm. It answered the question in the title. It would be the easiest way. Then he went on to answer the question he was really asking.

I think the problem is Joelel didn't realize it is so simple. With a bit of practice, you learn to pick them up and poke their head in the hole. They walk in from there. It is scary the first few times, but becomes quite routine after doing it a few times.
"Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me . . . Anything can happen, child. Anything can be"

*Shel Silverstein*

Offline Scadsobees

• Galactic Bee
  • Best use of smileys in a post award.
« Reply #8 on: July 26, 2010, 03:00:25 pm »
You could always keep the screen seperate, try to get the queen and her attendents to stand in the little hole while you try to staple the screen back over the cage.

It helps to have them trained to commands such as "STAY" before doing that. :-D
Rick

Offline bugleman

• House Bee
« Reply #9 on: July 26, 2010, 03:21:20 pm »
I took it as truthful humor, not sarcasm. It answered the question in the title. It would be the easiest way. Then he went on to answer the question he was really asking.

I think the problem is Joelel didn't realize it is so simple. With a bit of practice, you learn to pick them up and poke their head in the hole. They walk in from there. It is scary the first few times, but becomes quite routine after doing it a few times.

I did too and I even laughed as I read the initial response.

Offline Joelel

• Field Bee
« Reply #10 on: July 26, 2010, 10:50:25 pm »
That's OK folks, If you want to believe these people who sell thousands of queens stand around catching bees one at a time and stick them in a hole,be my guest believe it. Before I ask the question we was already doing it an easier way then catching them and sticking them in the hole. Now I already figured out a real easy way,if you want to know ask me.

Offline AllenF

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #11 on: July 26, 2010, 11:12:13 pm »

Offline WhipCityBeeMan

• House Bee
« Reply #12 on: July 26, 2010, 11:21:22 pm »
Im your huckleberry.  How did you do it?
Sola Scripture - Sola Fide - Sola Gracia - Solus Christus - Soli Deo Gloria

Offline Joelel

• Field Bee
« Reply #13 on: July 26, 2010, 11:48:19 pm »
To start with I only seen them stick a queen in the hole,then later on it had attendants in the cage also. I wonder how they got in there ? I still have a better easier way and not get stung.Ask me.

P.S.The question was,how do they get the queen AND attendants in the cage,not just the queen.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2010, 12:01:31 am by Joelel »

Offline buzzbee

• Ken
  • Global Moderator
  • Galactic Bee
    • N Central Pa Beekeepers Facebook Page
« Reply #14 on: July 27, 2010, 12:04:57 am »
That's OK folks, If you want to believe these people who sell thousands of queens stand around catching bees one at a time and stick them in a hole,be my guest believe it. Before I ask the question we was already doing it an easier way then catching them and sticking them in the hole. Now I already figured out a real easy way,if you want to know ask me.
If you know the easy way,what is your question? Seems you know the answer before you ask.

Offline Joelel

• Field Bee
« Reply #15 on: July 27, 2010, 12:32:02 am »
We was already doing it a easier way then sticking them in a hole but still was not easy enough. So I ask the question,then after I ask I thought of a real good easy way. If you want to know ask me.

Offline annette

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #16 on: July 27, 2010, 12:35:32 am »
OK, I am going to ask how you do it, but I hope this is good Joelel

Offline Kathyp

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #17 on: July 27, 2010, 01:03:31 am »
i am going to scream and pull my hair out.
Someone really ought to tell them that the world of Ayn Rand?s novel was not meant to be aspirational.

Offline Joelel

• Field Bee
« Reply #18 on: July 27, 2010, 01:04:34 am »
OK, I am going to ask how you do it, but I hope this is good Joelel

Before I ask the question we was putting the cage with sugar water in it in a muff with the bees and trying to get them to craw in,well that took a long time and that is when I ask the question. Then after I ask the question I thought,If you want them in the cage,leave the top of the screen half open and stick a funnel in the opening slanted a little to the end and shake them in the funnel and they slide right in the cage.Pull the funnel out and fold the screen over. You see we raise our queens in a queen rearing kit,so when you take the queen off the frame in a queen protector,the nurse bees are all over it,so you just open the protector and shake queen and nurse bees right in the funnel into the cage.Real easy.

Offline iddee

• Universal Bee
« Reply #19 on: July 27, 2010, 09:04:55 am »
I can pick the queen up, stick her in the hole, add 4 attendants in less time than you can set the funnel.

*Shel Silverstein*