Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Hello from North Dakota  (Read 2668 times)

Offline CeeGeeBee

• New Bee
Hello from North Dakota
« on: June 18, 2011, 11:36:19 pm »
Just started this spring. Pretty exciting!

Offline qa33010

• Field Bee
Re: Hello from North Dakota
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2011, 01:42:19 am »
    Welcome!  I'm coming up on six years and still as addictive now as is was then.  Though I've no more years than that to draw on...still considered a rookie.
Everyone said it couldn't be done. But he with a chuckle replied, "I won't be one to say it is so, until I give it a try."  So he buckled right in with a trace of a grin.  If he had a worry he hid it and he started to sing as he tackled that thing that couldn't be done, and he did it.  (unknown)

Offline Larry Bees

• Field Bee
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2011, 09:04:08 am »
Welcome!   :rainbowflower:

I'm in my second year of having my own bees. Still learning.

Larry

Offline AllenF

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2011, 02:00:50 pm »
Welcome to the forum

Offline SerenaSYH

• House Bee
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2011, 11:45:39 pm »
Whoo-hoo! I was born in Grand Forks North Dakota :D However I just spent my first 2 years there and then the rest it was Boston, NYC, and then Kansas City. But it always makes me perk up to hear about a North Dakotan....I'm a North Dakota "lurk-eeeeee", unfortunately. Crazy about the bees and crazy with curiosity but no beehive yet, but am doing all I can to have a nice garden for bees to forage! Looking forward to seeing your bees.  :bee:

Offline Course Bee

• House Bee
« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2011, 10:20:50 am »
Welcome to the forum. Where in North Dakota are you?
Tim

Offline mikecva

• Field Bee
« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2011, 12:37:52 pm »
Welcome North Dakota!  :) Visit here often, there is a lot of knowledgeable people here (I have been with bee for several years now, just joined the forum though). enjoy your girls and hope to here from you again.
Listen to others but make your own decisions. That way you own the results.
Please remember to read labels.

Offline Wits End

• House Bee
« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2011, 12:48:20 pm »
Welcome. I'm a third year bee keeper myself and have used these guys knowledge extensively. My wife and I lived in Williston for a couple of years when we were first married. Brrrrrrrrr! couldn't imagine beekeeping there. My beagle was the only one most had ever seen there including the dog catcher. He knew exactly who she belonged to when she got out. I remember how neat ice crystals in the air were at night and trying to build a snowman was like trying to build a sand castle with dry sand! :tumbleweed:
Jeff and Kellie Houston
Wits End Blueberry and Bee Farm
Greenwood Mississippi

Offline CeeGeeBee

• New Bee
« Reply #8 on: June 21, 2011, 10:29:46 pm »
I used to live in Grand Forks, but now I live on a small farm/ranch south of Bismarck. Do a lot of work in the Williston area! We have two horses, four calves, a bunch of chicken, and now...bees :)

Offline Course Bee

• House Bee
« Reply #9 on: July 01, 2011, 11:46:22 pm »
I hope you're not under water. I've heard there is major flooding around Bismark.
Tim

Offline CeeGeeBee

• New Bee
« Reply #10 on: July 02, 2011, 09:20:13 am »
I hope you're not under water. I've heard there is major flooding around Bismark.

We're not flooding this year. We lost our house to flooding in 2009, so we bought a place located on top of a ridge line! Bismarck/Mandan and Minot is getting it pretty bad this year, though. And it's such a slow flooding, that is believed to last into August!

Offline Course Bee

• House Bee
« Reply #11 on: July 04, 2011, 01:09:11 am »
Well, I'm glad you're above the waterline. My nephew's fiancee is from the Bismark area and they were sandbagging a couple of weeks ago.
Tim

Offline CeeGeeBee

• New Bee
« Reply #12 on: July 04, 2011, 10:49:56 am »
Well, I'm glad you're above the waterline. My nephew's fiancee is from the Bismark area and they were sandbagging a couple of weeks ago.

I hope they will be OK!